BusinessObjects Board

Using VBA with DeskI to pull data into an Access table

I’m very familiar with VBA, although am still looking for docs on how to use Access to pull DeskI query results into a table for processing - and/or - how to use Excel VBA to pull DeskI query results directly into a spreadsheet for macro processing.

(Looks like Access/Excel needs to have the appropriate References selected in order for this to work.)

Any code snippets, etc. would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks,
Kevin

kevincarlson (BOB member since 2007-08-01)

Searching SDK forum would have fetched threads discussing or already discussed the same.
search keywords : Excel Spreadsheet or Spreadsheet

haider :es: (BOB member since 2005-07-18)

Take a look at the white paper located here …
Using BusObj Reporter as a data source for Excel / Access

Dwayne Hoffpauir :us: (BOB member since 2002-09-19)

Thanks for the link! We are currently using the manual “Get External Data” method… Recently I noticed several BusinessObjects items listed under Tools/References in Access…

I envision launching DeskI queries from within Access, ideally passing in date range parameters to automagically pull in the past n days’ worth of transactions without having to manually select the dates.

(Unfortunately, DeskI reports can apparently not be scheduled, and WebI doesn’t work with VBA…)

I did previously come across a few arcane Q&A issues regarding DeskI / Access automation, but nothing like a tutorial or simple example… the PDF file looks like a big step in the right direction!

Regards,
Kevin

kevincarlson (BOB member since 2007-08-01)