BusinessObjects Board

Using 'Matches Pattern' and 'Inlist' in one prompt.

I’ve created a report that contains many report prompts, one of which being the following:

PLANT_MATERIALS.MRP_CONTROLLER IN @variable(‘2. Select ‘‘MRP Controller/s’’ for analysis’)

However rather than just being able to pick from the LOV or enter the values required, how can I modify the prompt so that the user can pick from the list of values or enter a wildcard; eg, % so that the report returns all values.

Whilst I here I’ll ask another question: What determines the maximum number of values you can select when using the ‘Inlist’ prompt funtion?

Thanks all for the help

Dan :yesnod:

Dan_Morgan (BOB member since 2003-01-14)

You need to create a predefined condition at the Universe which makes either user enter some value or type %. Have a look at this thread.

Click Here

There is a setting in the corresponding PRM file. If I remember properly it is MAX_INLIST_VALUES. You’ve gotta modify that.

Sri

Sridharan :india: (BOB member since 2002-11-08)

Look at FAQ Designer…

Andreas :de: (BOB member since 2002-06-20)

Thanks all…

Based on the links you both sent me I ended up using the following code in a universe object, which works a treat:

Name:
MRP Controller Prompt
Select:
@Select(Plant Materials\MRP Controller)
Where:
PLANT_MATERIALS.MRP_CONTROLLER In @Prompt(‘2. Select MRP Controller/s for analysis (% for all)’,‘A’,‘Plant Materials\MRP Controller’,multi,free) Or ( ‘%’ In @Prompt(‘2. Select MRP Controller/s for analysis (% for all)’,‘A’,‘Plant Materials\MRP Controller’,multi,free))

Thanks for the help all.

Dan :smiley:

Dan_Morgan (BOB member since 2003-01-14)

Any possible way to do this on the report side rather than on the universe?

khansen97 (BOB member since 2003-12-05)

No. I suppose it could be done. You’d just have to get clever with ANDs and ORs and prompts with INLIST. I’ve not ever seen it done.

In general, it’s not possible for the average user to do this.

Steve Krandel :us: (BOB member since 2002-06-25)