BusinessObjects Board

Using ALL key word

Hi,

How can you select ALL values ,instead of selecting each one in list of values???

I got a message that  we have to write a SQL query i.e   

Select ALL from dual   UNION ALL  Select Object_name from column_name;

Can you please tell me where should we have to write this query? Please urgent.....

vijayakrishna.bos (BOB member since 2007-08-29)

You could have done a search instead of opening this post since this topic has been discussed hundred of times in the past.
Read on…

haider :es: (BOB member since 2005-07-18)

Yes, there are many subjects in this forum that deal with this, but I will give you one quick way we do it via the object in the Universe:

CUSTOMER_SHIP_TO.CUSTOMER_NAME IN @Prompt(‘Select desired Ship-to Customer Name(s) or type ALL’,‘A’,‘Special Universe Objects\Customer Name LOV’,multi,free)

OR

‘ALL’ IN @Prompt(‘Select desired Ship-to Customer Name(s) or type ALL’,‘A’,‘Special Universe Objects\Customer Name LOV’,multi,free)

Hope this helps…

pullesb :us: (BOB member since 2006-10-02)

Hi,

It gives Invalid definition. You have specified two queries with OR operator. Do i have to write both queries or only one query.

And where can i write the sql statement Select ALL from DUAL;

Please respond…

Thank you

vijayakrishna.bos (BOB member since 2007-08-29)

I would check your syntax very carefully. I copied and pasted this from the object within our universe that parses OK.

This method does not use any of the SELECT from DUAL you are referring to.

Just a teaser, but the new release XI 3.0 has “optional” prompts which will accomplish this same task (i.e. If the user does not select anything and it is marked as an optional prompt, the selection will not be included in the SQL sent to the server).

pullesb :us: (BOB member since 2006-10-02)