BusinessObjects Board

Use UserResponse in Formula

[b] How to use UserResponse in a formula…
Ex:

where(= UserResponse(“DP”, “Select Month”) )
[/b]

This is because …in my report I need to find the revenue difference between current monthe and the previous month. So i will get the two month (prompt) from the user.It will give me the list view. Then i will inset two column and filter tthe revenue live [ where(= UserResponse(“DP”, “Select Month”) )] accordingly, and another colum to find the difference.

Also suggest, Is there any another better method to achieve this.?

Thanx in advance.

mmvraja :uk: (BOB member since 2004-02-26)

Have a look at the following FAQ (Frequently Asked Questions) Entry:

Dave Rathbun :us: (BOB member since 2002-06-06)

The right hand side of the where has to be a constant. It can’t be a formula or variable. Could you use a filter? You could set a complex filter that would limit the data to the UserResponse.

Dwayne Hoffpauir :us: (BOB member since 2002-09-19)

:?: :?: :confused: :confused:
Is there any way to solve my problem using VBA Macro.
Because, I want to use the UserResponse in the right side of the Where condition.

mmvraja :uk: (BOB member since 2004-02-26)

No need for a VBA macro, take a look at the link Dave provided to Reporter FAQ… it is all explained there very well if I may so.

Andreas :de: (BOB member since 2002-06-20)

done this at Universe level

got current month (user response month) prior month and prior year current month

table_FACT.AS_OF_DATE IN add_months(@Prompt('Select Month?','D','High\Aging','mono','constrained'),-12) OR table_FACT.AS_OF_DATE IN add_months(@Prompt('Select Month?','D','High\Aging','mono','constrained'),0)  OR table_FACT.AS_OF_DATE IN add_months(@Prompt('Select Month?','D','High\Aging','mono','constrained'),-1)

code use it in
CONDITION or WHERE

Thx
Bhai

Bo_Bhai :us: (BOB member since 2003-07-11)