BusinessObjects Board

use last refreshed data

Can we use the data that is pulled when the report was last refreshed and then use that data to compare or do calculations with the data that is pulled when the report is currently refreshed?.. :crazy_face:

neo (BOB member since 2004-11-21)

I think the best way to deal with that is SAVING the “HISTORY” at the DATABASE LEVEL.

aguirre (BOB member since 2004-10-15)

Thanks for your reply agguirre,

I am working on an OLTP, so there is no history stored. I want the difference between the data that was there when it was last refreshed and the data that appears when refreshed currently. Is there a way I can capture the data for a column that was refreshed last and do a difference calculation with the data that appears now? I am using 6.5.1 on oracle. Can I use the help of an ETL tool for this? 

I have an idea of exporting it to excel and using that as a data provider to calculate the difference. I am creating this report in full client, and the users are going to view this in webi. This is a canned report. Which stays there in the corporate documents. [b]How do I automate to export the last refreshed data to the excel file so that it always has the latest [i]last refreshed data[/i]?[/b]. How can I export the excel file with the report, so that it uses the excel file automatically, when in production?............................... :crazy_face: 

If you need more information please let me know. Does anybody know a better way of doing it?.................... :roll_eyes:

One way I can think is use 2 queries on for the previous refresh and one for the current refresh.
Turn off the refresh on the previous one.
Run the current dataprovider query and compare the results.
You cannot automate this, so you have to run both the queries manually.

Please let us know if this works…
Thanks,
Vinay

Vinay (BOB member since 2003-07-14)

Vinay,

I came up with the same idea, since it has to be automated I did not consider this option................... :( 
            Does anybody have a macro to make this work?

Anybody else any ideas?

You mean like this one 8) ? Take a look at the corresponding thread as well for a similar requirement / discussion.

Dwayne Hoffpauir :us: (BOB member since 2002-09-19)

Thanks Dwayne Hoffpauir :smiley: ,
The functional requirements are still unclear. Once they are final and I am done with the report I will update this post. Thanks again.

Anyone got solution for this … :hb: :hb: :hb:
Please help us out …

Vills :india: (BOB member since 2007-10-24)

Did you follow the link in this earlier post?

Sorry, i placed issue in wrong thread… actually I have this issue with Webi report, that needs to schedule.

We need to create a Webi report which will have two tables, one containing the up-to-date data and the other to contain the data from the last time the report was run/refreshed.

link in this earlier post talks about deski, and VBA code doesn’t work for Webi. (Please correct me if i am wrong…)

Thanks.

Vills :india: (BOB member since 2007-10-24)

Then I will move this to the WebI forum.