BusinessObjects Board

Upload report automatically

Hi all,

Is there any way to have a .bat file or something similar to upload a set of reports into the repository?

Thanks,

Schuster :united_arab_emirates: (BOB member since 2002-08-29)

Using VBA you acheive this kind of functionality.

What will be the location of the documents from where you wnat to upload?

JaiGupta (BOB member since 2002-09-12)

My idea was, if possible, to have a specific folder for the reports and use a .bat file to upload them. But do you think it is just possible via VBA?

With a .bat file u can login to business objects. but for uploading it to corporate documents you need to use Business Objects api through VBA.

JaiGupta (BOB member since 2002-09-12)

You must go through the BusinessObjects object model in order to do this. You can’t simply push the values into the repository database, as the report files are compressed as they are stored.

Moving this to the SDK forum for further discussion. 8)

Dave Rathbun :us: (BOB member since 2002-06-06)

Another question related to this…

I’m using the send function to do this, but I’ve seen that if I specify an inexistent category, BO just send the reports as uncategorized, is there any way to create a category?

Thanks,

There is a flag that you can set that says “Continue on invalid category” or something to that effect. If you turn that off, you should be able to get an error and trap it.

I don’t remember if you can create categories via VBA, but that would be the possible next step. Once you created the missing category you could go back and resubmit the document.

If you can’t create categories, then I’m not sure where you go. Maybe write to a log so someone can get back to it later?

Hi

Were you able to publish the documents from a folder?
I am looking into doing exactly the same thing.
Any pointers?
:roll_eyes:

Lee :south_africa: (BOB member since 2004-03-08)

All done :mrgreen:
Used VBA and had no problems :!:

If it is something you can and are willing to share, please consider uploading it to BOB’s Downloads. There are instructions (and contact info) on how to do that here:

OK here it is :wink:

Is it possible to create a a .bat file to launch BO and excute this VBA Script?

It might be possible to launch BO FC from command line and specify a document as argument. And this document might trigger a call to this Script…

shamit (BOB member since 2004-07-01)

You can use command line parameters when starting busobj.exe to open a document, which could have code behind the Document_Open event. More information on the command line parameters can be found in this topic.

Dwayne Hoffpauir :us: (BOB member since 2002-09-19)