BusinessObjects Board

Unknown Error

Hi to all,

when i was trying to refresh a report in BO 6.5, it took a lot of time (and the pc was not responding) and BO also was not responding for a long time at the end a message appeared said that this report will not be refreshed for an unknown error…

any one can help me to know what is the problem… this happened in just two reports and the other are ok…

thank you

warm regards.

rawan :jordan: (BOB member since 2006-01-19)

Moving to the BO Classic forum. I think you need to give us the exact text of the error, although I guess you pretty much have done already. What are these two reports based upon, the same data sources as all your other reports? Does the sql in the reports run okay outside of BO?

Nick Daniels :uk: (BOB member since 2002-08-15)

Hi Nick,

the error exactly is:
cannot open the file due to an unknown error. (FRM0007)

these two reports depend on the same database (oracle) like all other reports… but about the sql, i can’t know if it works outside bo or not… thats because i can’t enter the sql statement…

thank you

Ah right, okay…that error code generally indicates that the report is corrupt :shock: Which isn’t a good thing…here is a link which might help.

Nick Daniels :uk: (BOB member since 2002-08-15)

Hi Nick,

sorry but i really didnt understand how to fix the problem, and where to find this file which they make a sign to… so can you clarify that to me??

:roll_eyes: :roll_eyes:

regards

rawan wrote:

Cant you check the SQL in the query panel and run the report. Since the report is corrupted, why dont you copy the SQL from the query pannel and create a new report.

Raja Saripalli :us: (BOB member since 2005-12-14)

hi sraj,

but how can i enter the sql statement in the query panel when i cant open the report itself… ?? if you know a way to do that please tell me thank you…

rawan
regards

Hi,
i have had the same problem.
BO 6.5.1
windows 2000

all my attemp were mistakes (delete temporary files, local univers, etc …)

the only one thing i manage to resolve definitely the pb of the FRM00007 message is to delete the local user NT profile and reboot the computer.

after rebooting and open a NT session, all the Bo params are re-initialised and my pb fixed :lol:

have a nice day .

nlebeau :fr: (BOB member since 2005-06-20)

hi,

thanks alot for your reply but it was very late :)… thats because i recreated the reports that gave me the error…

if it happened again i will try what you were doing…

thank you

Rawan