BusinessObjects Board

Universe pane not Restructured

Hi friends

I have made some changes in the access database and refreshed the structure of the universe from view–> refresh structure.

Doing so has refreshed the structure of the universe in the structure pane but it has not refreshed the universe pane where classes and objects are created. for this i have to manually drag and drop the desired table in the universe pane but this is time consuming as i had to reset the changes earlier made to that table say changing the dimentional object to measure etc.

Can anyone resolve my problem so that the new objects are automatically added to the universe pane on refreshing the universe

Thanks in advance

Shaffee Sehgal (BOB member since 2009-04-14)

So far, I’ve done manually. There is no such facility out of the box to automatically have objects created, as soon as the structure is refreshed.

But have a look into this utility in BOB downloads.

Jansi :india: (BOB member since 2008-05-12)

But once the universe has been refreshed after changing the database , the report should reflect that changes when refreshed in deski but the same is not getting reflected in deski

So What should be done to resolve this issue…any suggestions!!!

Which changes did you mean?

Did you try from the report menu. Tools -> Universes ->(select the universe) -> Refresh?

I have deleted one of the objects from the universe and saved and exported the universe. When previous designed report is opened in deski where that object was used, error message is coming as " some obsolte objects have been removed from the query"

Now when i insert that same object again in the universe, same error is shown as above…why???

It is quite literal. You’ve deleted the object from the universe, but now your query has the obsolete object.

Even if you insert the same object, the object_id of the newly added object (the unique id by which the objects are referred) is different from that of the old object.

ok fine your logic is understandable but if by mistake one of the objects is deleted from the universe then the complete report prepared is of no use … in that case do u mean i have to work again from the scratch and create a new report…this is really a big problem

It is by design. Which means that you have to be careful and not delete objects “by mistake” before exporting it to you system database. Which is why it’s probably also a good idea to keep backups of your universes.

wahey :netherlands: (BOB member since 2007-05-31)

:blue: Why would anyone delete/do anything without sufficient care? This is with all the tools that I know. I’ve to be more careful to work with MSTR than with BO.

How to take the backup of Universes?