BusinessObjects Board

universe metadata information using Java SDK

I need the code or suggestion to retrieve the metadata information about the universe like classes, objects in the universe through JSP (java sdk) for BO XI R2.

Thanks advance …

Prabuvel (BOB member since 2007-09-07)

Welcome to B:bob:B!

On the XI platform, the universe is stored as a binary file on the filesystem part of the repository. Other than a very few pieces of information used for managing security, little is stored in the database part of the repository. In other words, the universe details are not able to be “queried” … Enterprise SDK or otherwise.

You can use the Designer SDK to extract the information from a local copy of the universe, however. See this utility … Document a universe using Excel and the Designer SDK … for an example.

Dwayne Hoffpauir :us: (BOB member since 2002-09-19)

Thanks Dwayne Hoffpauir.

I already listed the universe aviable by quering the CI_APPOBJECTS. But i need the other metadata information. As u said the universe file is stored in binary format. Whether it is possible to read those information from binary file through JSP (java).

Probably, but not directly. To my knowledge, the only way is using Designer and the Designer SDK (a COM object model). With .NET, you can create a COM wrapper and use the Designer SDK to instantiate a session of Designer, retrieve / open the universe, etc. I assume something similar is possible with Java.

Dwayne Hoffpauir :us: (BOB member since 2002-09-19)

Thanks Dwayne Hoffpauir.

I tried lot to find the code. But i couldn’t get. Any way i will try again…

Hi,

It’s impossible to get more info using java sdk on universes except restrictions (like SQL restrictions, table mapping …)

Regards

hi Goiffon and Smith,

Can u give me idea or  java code to retrieve universe metadata. Its urgent, please give me....

Thanks advance…