BusinessObjects Board

Universe Loops Detection

Hi group members,

I am working on BOXIR2.

I have attached an image of ‘efashion’ universe, and selected option of “Detect Loops”
I have to ask that, in the dialogbox of “Detect Loops” what to do. I can’t see any option.

Can any member guide me here, what to do. I very new on "Loops, Chasm and Fan Trap.

I searched about this specific issue but unluckly not able to find it.

Regards,
Izhar
Universe Loops Detection.GIF

izhar :pakistan: (BOB member since 2007-07-11)

You should try to resolve those loops either by a context or an alias.
For more information on which one to choose read Designer FAQ for ways to resolve loops .
For fan or chasm traps read this

haider :es: (BOB member since 2005-07-18)

There is nothing to do because in this case the loop(s) are already covered by an existing context.

Dave Rathbun :us: (BOB member since 2002-06-06)

Hi Dave,

Can you please describe me how you came to know this, nothing to do in this case.
In one od document i read that after clicking on any loop, “forward” button will get enable but here it not.

Asking for a learning perspective.

Thanks in advance
Regards,
Izhar

izhar :pakistan: (BOB member since 2007-07-11)

If you notice in the pop-up window it says ‘This loop is covered by’ and below there are two contexts shop facts and promotions.
Double click on any of these will show you the joins included in each of these contexts.
Since there is only one loop in this eFashion universe you are not seeing the forward button enabled.

haider :es: (BOB member since 2005-07-18)

Correct. And since the loop is already resolved with a context, there is nothing to do to “fix” the loop. When you solve a loop using aliases the loop is eliminated. When you solve a loop using contexts the loop remains in the universe (and therefore continues to show up on the loop list) but is no longer an issue.

Dave Rathbun :us: (BOB member since 2002-06-06)