BusinessObjects Board

Universe Documentation

Hi Guys,

My query is reagrding the universe documentation. I have checked almost all the threads regarding this and downloads published. However not all of them were of 100% helful for me.

What I want to do is to document all the production univers all at once rather than having to select one by one. The informatin I am after is universe name, the connection name it is using, it folder location in CMC.

Can anyone please point me to any available download or help me out with other direction.

Thanks a ton,
Vinayak

vkhoje (BOB member since 2010-09-27)

Try using Query builder to achieve this.

jprasanthram :switzerland: (BOB member since 2010-12-10)

You can check in Downloads section, you might find something there.

Thanks,
Zaif

zaif235 :us: (BOB member since 2010-06-15)

Sounds like they’ve already checked the downloads forum. The Query Builder should be able to get you what you need. Try the query below. It will get what you’ve asked for. You will have to convert the connection and folder numbers to the actual names. Unfortunately, I haven’t been able to get it to work with nested queries.

Select SI_GUID, SI_NAME, SI_DESCRIPTION, SI_PARENT_FOLDER, SI_DATACONNECTION FROM CI_APPOBJECTS WHERE SI_KIND = ‘UNIVERSE’

ChrisW1204 :us: (BOB member since 2011-04-21)

Yeee!!! I managed to find what I wanted. Its here:

I started off following all your suggestions and ended up going back to download as I didnt get the answer 100% and then managed to find the utility which is just excellent.

Thank you all for your great suggestions.

Cheers,
Vinayak

vkhoje (BOB member since 2010-09-27)