BusinessObjects Board

Universe designer name

Hello,

Is there any way to identify the name of the person who designed the universe. I know we can get this from universe parameters -> summary tab, but this is manual process and there are nearly 200 universes and 20 universe designers in our company. So I am just trying to find if this information is present in activity universe so that I can create the report on this information.

Thanks in advance.

nivas258 (BOB member since 2008-04-14)

Hi,

Try using any of the universe documenting utilities that can be found in the BOB’s Download section:
http://www.forumtopics.com/busobj/viewforum.php?f=25

[Moderator Note: Moved from WebIntelligence XI to Semantic Layer / Universe Designer]

Marek Chladny :slovakia: (BOB member since 2003-11-27)

Hi Marek,

Thanks for the reply.
Yes I initially made search in that section but I couldnt find any tool that gives such information. So I have started this threat so that someone can share some tool that gives me this information. I dont think query builder gives this information?

Regards, Srinivas.

nivas258 (BOB member since 2008-04-14)

Hi,

At least this utility:

can extract universe author name.

You would need to modify the code in the utility if you wanted it to check in a loop the author names of more universes.

Marek Chladny :slovakia: (BOB member since 2003-11-27)

A word of caution about this. If you have multiple universe designers, this will only show you the last person who modified the universe. It doesn’t retain any history. If you had Designer 1 do most of the work but Designer 2 made the last change, this will give you Designer 2’s name.