BusinessObjects Board

unhandled exception

Hi everybody,

Whenver I tried to open one report in BO,it is showing unhandled exception window with 2 options (abort or save)whn i clicked on Abort ,total BO instance getting closed.All other reports are working perfectly.

Please look this and provide me solution.

Thanks in advance… :oops:

shashi (BOB member since 2005-03-31)

Hi Shashi,

I think you will need to supply a bit more detail. Such as Is the report based on one/multiple universes, Does it contain macros? Is there any VBA? Has the sQL in the query panel beem modified? Can any other user Open it? Has the report every worked? Have you recently upgraded?

irish_stan :ireland: (BOB member since 2003-05-13)

Hi,

I should have also added that you should have a look at this post

Hi …Plz stop Q firing… :cuss:

1. This report based on only one unverse.
    2.It doe’t have any macros and also no VBA
  2. Neither SQL query nor report modified
  3. All users are facing this problem.

Waiting for ur suggestion :stuck_out_tongue:

shashi (BOB member since 2005-03-31)

OK.

Is the report set to refresh on open? Are you able to edit the report?

It is possible that the report is corrupted and you simply will not be able to use it. As a last resort you may use notepad to view the sql in the report with a view to recreating it. I sincerely recommend you try each and every solution in the link provided by irish_stan…this is one of those problems that is very specific to your environment, as such we can only provide suggestions and recommendations.

For example, have you actually tried a full clean deinstall of the BO software on your PC and reinstalled it? Did the report ever work, can general supervisor open it…there are literally 100 questions I could ask - all combinations of things you need to try to get this report to work.

Nick Daniels :uk: (BOB member since 2002-08-15)

paloju – we have an international community, and we ask that people please post in standard English spellings rather than IM-type abbreviations. :wink:

I have no idea what this means. At least, use “Please” instead of Plz.

Also, please use “your” instead of “ur” (whenever I see that, I actually perceive it as the sound “Errrr”, which is not what you mean, is it?)

Anita Craig :us: (BOB member since 2002-06-17)