BusinessObjects Board

Unable to login Webi Rich Client

While logging into Webi Rich Client i see the following Error Message
“You cannot log in to Offline mode without first logging on atleast once in online mode”

Can any one suggest me regarding this?

ca.sowmya (BOB member since 2010-02-08)

Sowmya,
You need to connect BO Server (repository). Give the BO Server details and credentials.

Arjun (BOB member since 2008-07-28)

Logged in using the system name as the server where CMS is running.But still we are getting the same error.

With the same credentials we are able to login webi rich client on other machine.

Is this first login after installation?If so, you need to login with Administartor account.

Arjun (BOB member since 2008-07-28)

Hi ca.sowmya

You can try to move the LSI file contained in “%USERPROFILE%\My Documents\My Business Objects Documents\LocData” to another folder (for backup) and try login again.

Good luck.

Jaimepe :es: (BOB member since 2006-12-10)

ried logging with admin account as well…We are facing the same error :?

Please provide which authentication( LDAP, NT…etc) you are using. Enquire with your admin that you have enough rights to use rich client application.

GCB343 :india: (BOB member since 2008-09-19)

[quote:ec03d60fab=“ca.sowmya”]While logging into Webi Rich Client i see the following Error Message
“You cannot log in to Offline mode without first logging on atleast once in online mode”

Can any one suggest me regarding this?
[/quote]

Before you work in this mode, you should have connected to the CMS atleast once in connected mode. More on this here -
Web Intelligence Rich Client Working Modes

zack :us: (BOB member since 2007-08-02)

I know Its an old topic but the way to resolve this issue is Close the rich client and Go to My Documents\My Business Objects Documents\LocData and move the .lsi file from the location.

Thanks,
Zaif

zaif235 :us: (BOB member since 2010-06-15)

Hi.

Me and a couple of colleagues have the same issue and we don’t have the folder My Business Objects Documents under My documents. And there is no *.lci file on my computer at all.

I’m running windows 10. Is there any other fix?

hannes (BOB member since 2018-11-27)