BusinessObjects Board

Unable to create User Objects

Hi,

I am trying to schedule the report through the INFOVIEW.But It shows SYNTAX ERROR in a particular column.In the particular column, I generated userobjects.The userobjects are unable to see in the universe.

I am trying to create the userobject.I know the missing userobjects.but My desktop intelligence wont allow me to create the user object.I just clicked on the user object but nothing happening.

Please can you assist me on the above issue.

Thank you

bo1234 (BOB member since 2010-06-04)

I’ll all but guarantee that you have a zero-byte .udo file in your Universe folder that is causing this. Delete the file and you should be able to create UDOs.

This happens if you hit the UDO button in the Query Panel but don’t actually create a UDO. It has been a problem in BO for as long as I’ve been working with it.

Joe

joepeters :us: (BOB member since 2002-08-29)

Hi,

Thanks for your response.But I dont have access to the Universe.Can you help me How to search for myuni.udo file.,

Thanks

You don’t need access to the universe. The UDOs are in:
C:\Documents and Settings<your ID>\Application Data\Business Objects\Business Objects 11.5\Universes

joepeters :us: (BOB member since 2002-08-29)

It’s in the FAQ

Dave Rathbun :us: (BOB member since 2002-06-06)

Thanks a lot I found the .UDO file.And I deleted from the universe list,

After that I was unable to open the DESKTOP INTELLIGENCE. It freezes when I am trying to open the BO report.

Can you suggest me with any possible solution

Thank You