BusinessObjects Board

Unable to communicate with Webservice

Hi there,

We are having problems with BODS 12.2 and retrieving data from webservices. I’m able to retrieve the metadata about the webservice, use the calls as functions.

But when I start the job, I get the message ‘there is no responds from webservice’. When I use SOAPUI tool to request the webservice with the same parameters as is the BODS job, I get an responds from the webservice.

When I look at the IP traffic, I see that SOAPUI gets an responds from the server which hosts the webservice. When I look at the IP trafic when I’m using BODS, there is no IP traffic from the server which hosts the webservice.

From the network management I know that all ports are open from the business objects server to the internet. But why is BODS not getting responds or sending requests to the webservice ? Is there something that I have to configure in the BODS job-server ??

Thanks in advance and I’m waiting your answers.

Jacco

jdezwart :netherlands: (BOB member since 2010-05-26)

Do you have session security enabled for the published job? If so, do you have a logon step in your parent job before you call the published job?

eganjp :us: (BOB member since 2007-09-12)

Hi Jim,

Thanks for your reply. Can you help me out on finding out session security ?

As for authentication with the webservice, we use an API key as parameter in the webservice call, allong with other parameters to request the data. This API key is one for authentication and two choose which database to use. The application is hosted in a SAAS environment with multiple users with their own database.

Hope you can help me out on this.

Update : I want to retrieve data from a webservice in a SAAS environment, not use BODS webservices

Thanks so far,

Jacco

what is the Datastore type that you are using ? Adapter or Webservice ?
is the endpoint SSL enabled ? (HTTP or HTTPS)
are you behind a proxy ?
does this webservice requires a username and password ? if yes, then is it basic auth or it’s using WS-Security ?

manoj_d (BOB member since 2009-01-02)

In responds of your questions :

I’m using a webserivice as datastore.
SSL is enabled, HTTPS
I’'m not behind a proxy.
The webservice does not requires username/password.

Jacco

check the following post, this might help, I think you are not using the corrrect format of the certificate

manoj_d (BOB member since 2009-01-02)

Hi manoj_d,

Super thanks for your reply !! With the link you gave I got it working !!! :stuck_out_tongue:

Altought the steps desribed in the link had to be adjusted. The line in which you point to the server certificate should include the name of the certificate file as well.

So the line should look like this :
C:\Program Files (x86)\Business Objects\BusinessObjects Data Services\ext\getDeelnemer\krd-certificaat.crt

and not like
C:\Program Files (x86)\Business Objects\BusinessObjects Data Services\ext\getDeelnemer

as suggested in the link.

Any way, you pointed me in the right direction, thanks for that !

Jacco