BusinessObjects Board

Trying to get count of Doc id's where recieveddate = duedate

Hi,

I am trying to pull the count for number of documents recieved before the due date. In my report I have Doc Id, Doc recieved date
and doc due date. I am trying to pull all the documents that were due in last month.

I already have two objects firstdayoflastMonth & lastdayoflastmonth objects in my universe

so at the query level I put a filter to get all the docid’s whose due date is between firstdayoflastMonth & lastdayoflastmonth

Till this part its fine,

but when I try to pull the count of docid’s whose doc recieved date is less than doc duedate, I am not able to do that

I was jus trying to define a formula count(Doc Id’s) where ( = “”) I am getting syntax error.

Also when I try to give a constant date at docduedate it works that too only for “=” when I use “<” or “>”
it hits me back with an error or without count.

please do let me know if I am doing any mistake.

I am using BO DesktopIntelligence XIR2 and oracle database

hope i have given all the info…

any suggestions please.

Thanks in Advance

teenas_22 (BOB member since 2008-02-25)

Check this FAQ to know why you get syntax error.

Jansi :india: (BOB member since 2008-05-12)

Thanks Jansi,

That helped me a lot ,have been struggling a lot. I should have been smart enough to go thru the FAQ’s ,thats my bad …really appreciate u r help.

Thanks

A friendly note, Teena. Please do not use Instant Message abbreviations on BOB. We want to keep BOB easy to understand for our International community. Thanks.

Jansi :india: (BOB member since 2008-05-12)

Hi,

Is there something that I can use Not between operator in Business Objects Desk I in variable definition.

Thanks.

Got the Answer…

Use Not operator

Not ( between (,))

Thanks