BusinessObjects Board

Trendline in chart

Hello everyone,

I am creating a report with revenue and time period fields in the chart. I would like to have a trend line in it for the revenue field. I know there is no direct way to do this in WEBI and I will need to create a variable with a regression formula, but as it is easier said than done I would really appreciate if you have any inputs on the same. Thanks!

Regards,
Ameya N.

analavde (BOB member since 2010-08-23)

you might try this link…

REB01 :us: (BOB member since 2004-11-29)

I tried Interpolation function but it is not showing me a trend line, rather it is giving me a same pattern as the one for the revenue field.

Regards,
Ameya N.

Ok, the only other thing I have found is this:

it is for DeskI and i have gotten it to work, (in DeskI) but have not tried to convert the logic to WebI. If you have access to DeskI you might want to try it and then see if you can use similar logic to get it to work in WebI.

I have not found any other information regarding Trend Lines, hopefully someone has additonal ideas they can share.

REB01 :us: (BOB member since 2004-11-29)

I did come across this forum, but unfortunately we don’t have DESKI so I am not able to view it. I appreciate your help, if anything else comes up please let me know. Thanks!

Regards,
Ameya N.

Hello,

I created a variable Running Average (RunningAverage(Revenue)) and then created another variable with Interpolation function with Running Average variable in it (Interpolation(Running Average; Linear; NotOnBreak)). Now it is giving a trend that is very much similar to the Moving Average trend line in Excel.
But now the problem is, as I have many charts under a subsection, the Running Average function is not breaking at each value of a subsection rather it is running through the entire subsection causing error 2nd chart onward.

Please let me know if anyone has a solution to this problem. Thanks!

Regards,
Ameya N.