BusinessObjects Board

To Upgrade from bo 6.0 to 6.5

Hello,

I am having 7 Repository all been made in BO 6.0 now i have to migrate these 7 repository into single one means in new repository i have to create 7 group and will assign single document and universe domain to each of them,but main problem is that how i will migrate security domain of 7 repo into one.

also how i will migrate rights of all 7 repository users into new repositroy also how i will migrate users,reports,univesre from 7 repo to single new repo that i will create.

CAN ANY ONE HELP ME OUT.OR CAN SEND ME ANY DOCUMENT GOING THROUGH WHICH I CAN DO THE JOB REQUIRED.

Its Urgent pls can any one help me out.

Yogesh

yogesh27 (BOB member since 2005-02-11)

Go to this link, Hope you’ll get some Idea;

https://bobj-board.org/t/50073

BO_Chief :us: (BOB member since 2004-06-06)

Upgrading a repository is easy. Just run Supervisor and it upgrades it automatically.

Doing what you want is actually impossible. You can’t merge several repositories together. The best you can do is to export users in to a file. Then edit the heck out of the files so that it gives you the groupings you want. Then import the file into the new repository.

Steve Krandel :us: (BOB member since 2002-06-25)

Hey Steve can u make it more clear…

would i be able to migrate the rights of each user also or not…

how can i migrate all reports and universe in 7 repo into single repo…

waiting 4 ur reply…

Thx

Bye

I think you can just migrate users and ther right in the way Steve explained.

If no of users and group are not lot better to migrate one large repository and then do manual creation of users for others.

You have to import universe with personal connection with GS of OLD rep.
Import Reports with GS of old Rep.
export universe to proper user group with GS of New Rep
change connection
export report to proper user group with GS of New Rep.

BOBurao (BOB member since 2005-09-20)

If you have 1 repository, then you can simply upgrade it. There is no migration.

If you have 7 repositories, there is NOTHING you can do to merge them. All you can do is export/import user ids. But, rights are not going to come with them. There is no solution for this.

Hey Steve,

Can u pls let me know how to exactly export users in a file and then to import them in new rerpository again…

Thx

Yogesh

Hi,

In the supervisor file menu u have a option called export–>user/group,
using that u can export and using import–>user/group u can import user or group from another repository.

[Moderator Edit: Please avoid IM/SMS-type abbreviations. Please take the extra second or so to spell out you rather than u, and please rather than pls, for example.]

dineshunix :india: (BOB member since 2004-12-08)

Hi Dinesh,

In this case only user and groups will get transfer not their rights?
means whether he is General supervisor or user or superviosr etc

Thx

Yogesh

There is no way to transfer user rights from 1 repo to another. You could likely hack around and do it via some sql, but you’d be better to do it correctly.