BusinessObjects Board

This is regarding context facing an issue.

Thanks for your help?

But i am not just using if i dont put that join in the newly created context. Also i am facing the same issue.

If a join is present in more than one context, how does query takes the path.

Thanks,

Ranjan

ranjan.sahoo :india: (BOB member since 2007-06-11)

Hi Ranjan,

Try and explain in more detail. Are you using aggregate aware? Can you describe your schema a little more and which join is causing the problem…

Cheers,

Mark.

Mak 1 :uk: (BOB member since 2005-01-06)

Hi mark,

This is not an aggreate awareness.

The join is like already 6 tables connected to a single table [b]customer/b and the joins are present custmer setup context.

I am adding another table named bt_trusted_source_customer_id and making joins to those 6 tables on cust_sender_id attribute to fetch ext_cust_id data from the table bt_trusted_source_customer_id.

Tell me the solution. Is it necessary to create context or not? if then i created another context ext cust setup, the issue for one table from those 6 tables having an issue when i am trying to fetch the ext_cust_setup its asking to select one of the contexts the created one and the one created by me, making an ambiguos query?

How should i proceed?

Thanks,

Ranjan

Ranjan, again I am blunt here: You should to attend some official training (Designer) ASAP.

To answer your question:
Once you use universe contexts every single join must belong to at least one context.

Andreas :de: (BOB member since 2002-06-20)

That i do accept with u andreas. I have included the joins in the context ext cust setup, if you would have read properly, then also i am facing the issue.

andreas,

Please read it carefully, i need the solution as i am facing the issue. if i go training now, can i solve the issue within 2 days. Going ahead i will do.
Please do advice.

Thanks,

Ranjan

[quote:98a50ca82b=“ranjan.sahoo”]Tell me the solution.
[/quote]

Moderator note:
I too am going to be blunt. Yes there are sometimes language barriers, but if you are hoping people will help you, choosing a sentence such as “Tell me the solution” is actually an order, not a polite plea for help. Please take care to choose more polite requests rather than demands in your future posts.

Please help keep BOB friendly! Review this topic for some suggestions, thanks.

jac :australia: (BOB member since 2005-05-10)

oops!!! sorry sorry…

Unless I’m missing something… :?

So, this is your customer set up context:-

a-x1,a-x2,a-x3,a-x4,a-x5

This should be the other context:-

b-x1,b-x2,b-x3,b-x4,b-x5. 

This should work if the joins are in lists for each context, you must be doing something incorrectly for this not to work…

Hi mark,

I feel this is showing some dependencies between a & b tables. May be not working. i have put as u say.

custome setup context below joins are included.

a-x1,a-x2,a-x3,a-x4,a-x5

for other context.

b-x1,b-x2,b-x3,b-x4,b-x5. 

is this possible there may have some dependencies not to work.

Thanks,

Ranjan

How are your measures defined from tables A and B?

Only one dimension object was created with respect to the table b.

ext cust id is the object.

Thanks,

Ranjan

Which join / table is causing the problem? what are the objects defined from there?

I’m running out oif ideas for this, although I’m sure it wouldn’t take too long to crack if I was there 8) .

Hi mark,

the table that i added bt_trusted_source_customer_id and made joins to the 5 tables and i put all the joins in one context ext cust setup. then i created one object with respect to the table that i added.

when i am querying that i am finding an issue like qp0004.

note- that 6 tables are connected to table customer also.

Thanks,

Ranjan

Hi mark,

actually i am querying the object from the table a,b and also from other 5 tables.

Please advice.

Thanks,

Ranjan

Firstly you are trying to cross contexts by querying both tables A&B. This is fine if you are taking measures from these fact tables and are using, shared, conformed dimensions.

Business Objects will then create two SQL statements and then join them producing one report block.

Have you got any incompatabilities set in your universe, tools>universes>aggregate navigation?

I can only respond in a very general way as I don’t really understand your data model, it is also difficult to help someone who has not been trained…

Thanks mark.

I already resolved the issue by creating 6 aliases for table b and adding into the customer setup context. i was just looking for performance tuning.

still trying to put ur suggestions and i will make it.

Thanks,

Ranjan

Actually i am very new to BO may be from last 2.5 months i am working so facing certain issues. learning quickly and upgradingmy knowledge. Nothing is impossible if i can put my effort through reading materials i can be a good bo devloper. i believe…

Thanks,

Ranjan

Hi Ranjan,

Agreed, I’m all for people developing themselves :slight_smile: .

A training course is a good basis to start with and equips you with the basic concepts.

I’m sure that you can refine your solution, at least you have something that currently works.

Good Luck…

Hi mark,

Now i got the solution after a lot R&D.as it was like one-many-one join was there for all the joins forming chasm trap.

a-x1-b-- one-many-one
a-x2-b-- one-many-one

i resolved the issue by creating contexts for each chasm trap. Now its a refined solution.

Thanks for devoting lot of time to me and helping me also.

Thanks,

Ranjan

Nice one Ranjan… 8)