BusinessObjects Board

The Server threw an exception

Hi All, I’m perplexed to see a place like this, where all of you discuss the real problems occuring in your org… I also face lot of regular issues on BCA & Webi servers… i’m glad to join this forum. I would share my exp whenever required. :D.

Starting with my first question

Error Code = 0x80010105, Error Message = 'The server threw an exception. ',Wcode = 0x00000000, Description = ‘(null)’.

I have re-installed my BCA console. when i started running the reports, most of my are ending up with an Connection or SQL erro… reason behind wasthe database was down… so this is o.k … but some of the reports showing the ‘The server threw an exception’… … as i have some of your suggestion related to this topic… stated that again re-schedule… it be alright… Assuming that you don’t have the BO query copy with u or with any body… what we can do in this scenario… any ideas please…

thxs & rgds
SURESH SRINIVASAN

Suresh_Kom (BOB member since 2004-10-30)

Suresh,

Welcome to BOB! You might find that you get a better answer to your question if you put a more descriptive explanation in your title… :mrgreen:

Eileen King :us: (BOB member since 2002-07-10)

Hi Suresh.

You can actually rerun the report or alter scheduling properties from the console itself aslong as the report is still there. Highlight the name of the report in the BCA console. Right click down and go to task properties - click in to that and you will see the scheduling tab - you can alter the properties here. Or simply right click down on a pending document and select “run - now”

hope this helps. However if the report is on BCA it should also be in corporate documents - you could retrieve it from there from full client no?

Best regards

Greg

escape64 (BOB member since 2004-09-20)

Gentlemen…I am assuming all the above talk is for v2.7.x of webi/BCA. We are currently on BOE 6.5.1 which is a totally new ball game. And I still continue to get this ‘exception’ error here too. Is there a place where the heap sizes can be tweaked in the new archticture? Or is there another solution?

I have a publication that has a document with 6 data providers and all that is shown on screen is a series of charts.

Thanks

ckarkhan (BOB member since 2004-11-16)

Eileen is in no way a gentleman :wink:

here is an old FAQ, which nevertheless may help.

Nick Daniels :uk: (BOB member since 2002-08-15)