BusinessObjects Board

The File is corrupted and cannot be opened. (FRM0003)

Hi,

I am working on a V6.5 report called “XYZ”(I have not published to Corporate documents as yet). My report worked fine until yesterday. Today, I tried saving a few formatting changes in the report and it never finished saving the document.

When I checked the user docs folder, in addition to XYZ, I see another report “~XYZ”.

“XYZ” gives me an error: “The File is corrupted and cannot be opened. (FRM0003)” and does not open.
Where as “~XYZ” opens, but is taking 10 times longer than the original report.

I could regenerate the report from “~XYZ” report, but I do not want such issues with corporate documents. Any clue as to what happened and why?

Thanks,
Dex

Dexterous (BOB member since 2006-04-13)

Hi Dexterous,
Even I faced similiar issue while working with the designer. I tried to save the linked and core universe with different connections. This is not permitted. Later I used the same connection for core and derived universe and then saved the universe this time I could save the universe. I think even your issue is some thing like this. Check the connection of the universe of the report you may be able to sort this out.
Anup

anup (BOB member since 2006-06-29)

You might want to look at this answer that applied to both universes and reports…

Eileen King :us: (BOB member since 2002-07-10)