BusinessObjects Board

Text file of account numbers into Where clause of a query

If I have a text file with a couple thousand account numbers, how can I feed that into Business Objects to use in the Where-clause of a query?

Thanks in advance!

titussei (BOB member since 2006-11-09)

most databases don’t accept that kind of large lists for the IN part in a WHERE.
In FC you can build a query on your text file, then build the second query on your database, create the condition on the object you want, set the operator to be IN adn then there will be an option to use the values of the other query (last option if I’m correct).

Otherwise you’ll need to filter in the report itself if that’s possible (not too many records from the database if you don’t specific the where)

Regards,

Gerard

and welcome to B:mrgreen:B !

highandstoned :netherlands: (BOB member since 2005-08-01)

A couple of things to note:-

The query on query functionality can be at best a bit flakey.
Instead you could use an excel macro / find and replce or whatever to seperate your list by commers, you could then post this into the where clause of your required database query.
The main thing is that as gerard says 2000 is too many, I think even Oracle can only handle 1500, if memory serves me correctly. You may have to split the queries and then join them on the report.

Mak 1 :uk: (BOB member since 2005-01-06)

using a UNION, perhaps…

jac :australia: (BOB member since 2005-05-10)

You can find another alternative here … conceptually similar to the macro “hint” from Mak 1.

Dwayne Hoffpauir :us: (BOB member since 2002-09-19)

Looks good Dwayne, someone else wrote the macro where I’m currently working…

Looks good Dwayne, someone else wrote the macro where I’m currently working…