BusinessObjects Board

Technical specs doc

Hello all,

Is anyone having a sample technical specifications document for creating BO universe. I got to submit a doc in couple of days. Any ideas highly appreciated.

Thanks in advance

madnaxal (BOB member since 2005-06-03)

hi

Preparing the Universe Design document is not cost you much. just go through the document in Designer module and try to do your self.

looksmee :uk: (BOB member since 2006-02-08)

If you are looking to document all of the information about a universe (tables, joins, objects, etc.), you may be interested in this utility.

Dwayne Hoffpauir :us: (BOB member since 2002-09-19)

Hi Dwayne,

I tried the utility for mass changes and I get the following error (bear in mind I use R1 and made the necessary library and login changes)

run time error ‘30’ and get redirected to = DesignerApp.Visible = True

any ideas?

David_Dadoun :canada: (BOB member since 2006-04-21)

I haven’t tried / updated the utility for XI yet. I’ll take a look when I get a chance.

thanks I really appreciate it

I’m afraid I wasn’t able to duplicate the problem. I did post a version that was updated for XIr2 here. The only changes I made were the same ones you referenced … pointing to the XI library and the syntax change for the logon dialog. I’m not sure if your troubles can be traced to XIr1 (I’ve never used it), or if it’s something else, but you might give the newer version a try.

it might be something in R1 because I seem to be getting the same error again and again… weird… weird weird… If I figure something out I’ll post the changes to you…

Thanks for your help in this