BusinessObjects Board

technical BO questions & answers

Hello everyone,

I’m looking to tap into some of your technical expertise… I need to produce a technical questionnaire/test for Business Objects Xi however I’m don’t have advanced technical knowledge when it comes to BOXI so I figured I should ask the experts!

So, my question is, would it be possible for some of you to list some questions (ranging from simple to advanced) relating to BOXI with the answers to put on my questionnaire?

I’d really appreciate any and all help you can give me, and thanks in advance!

:smiley:

helenm (BOB member since 2008-09-13)

I think you first need to quantify the objective and scope of the questionnaire i.e. some influencing factors as to a suitable response could be:

Once Off or Recurring …
Permanent or Consulting …
Strategic or Maintenance …
Administration or Development …
License and Component restrictions …

Keep in mind that XI is in a state of transition - the difference between XI XIr2 and XI 3.0 is quite large - thus my questions above as to what type of quiestionnaire as you might need someone that understands the architectural implications re the BO product set and roadmap
OR
someone that can maintain current solution and develop some additional universes / reports
OR
someone that needs to know the internals for SDK stack and Crystal platform re-use
OR
maybe you work for a placement agency that needs to sift out prospective resources …

… or you could just tell them to go get certified and come back later :wink:

… which in itself does not quantify the person as I’ve been encountering quite a few ‘consultants’ in the BO and Cognos realm that are certified, but either have not had the necessary exposure to add value, or they have been churned out by some consulting firms that are resorting to ensuring that their resources are ‘prepped’ enough to pass … :roll_eyes:

It’s always wise to throw in some more generic BI and Analtycal questions for BI developers
AND
Platform, OS and RDBMS type questions for admins etc …

In summary - wide field / many players …

MikeD :south_africa: (BOB member since 2002-06-18)

Hi

Irrespective of your needs, you just have a look on the sticky topics of the business objects…it may help you out …among the one sticky posting is BusinessObjects Interview Questions

Regards
Siva.M

looksmee :uk: (BOB member since 2006-02-08)