BusinessObjects Board

Synchronization(Urgent)

Hi,

I am geting 4 quries(synchronization )coming and using only one data provider. Could any one assist regarding this . Plz treat it as urgent

sethybibeka (BOB member since 2005-12-23)

We are not Official BO techsupport and take in our free time to help people like you having troubles or questions on BusinessObjects, then avoid using such worlds unless you will only receive replies like mine… :reallymad:

bernard timbal :fr: (BOB member since 2003-05-26)

Please also note that “Urgent” was a great song by Foreigner. Furthermore: If you want urgent assistance you could, next to contact Techsupport as suggested by Bernard, opt for some more detailed info. Reading your question I’m only getting confused: You have 4 queries and only one data provider. So what?

jobjoris :netherlands: (BOB member since 2004-06-30)

Please, do take the time to familiarize yourself with the rules on BOB, see here for example.

Regarding your question:
So what is the real problem? Business Objects will create separate (synchronized) SQL statements when your data provider is crossing 2 or more universe contexts and not all the dimension/detail objects exists in all contexts. Should all dimension/detail objects exist in all universe contexts being used, then Business Objects will still create separate SQL statements, but those will be joined (instead of synchronized) and therefore create one microcube.
Note, that here the term joined has nothing to do with a regular SQL join, but is the Business Objects term for “merging” the result sets of multiple SQL statements into only one data cube/microcube.

Ask your universe Designer for more details, please.

Andreas :de: (BOB member since 2002-06-20)

A) 4 Sql statements … thats normal…with this BO generates a single cube…

B) Ask your Designer to create a new context … Use it to generate your report… that will generate only one SQL… With this BO generates a single cube…

So I don’t see any problem in it… if you have any other issues, explain in detail.

Note:Don’t use the word URGENT … in your posts… this will look like you are the BOSS, and you are delegating orders to others… members of the board don’t like it. We are helping each other voluntarily in our free time… and there are others who love to share their knowledge… but hate to see URGENT, VERY URGENT and other synonyms for it…

Hope you will keep this in mind.

BO_Chief :us: (BOB member since 2004-06-06)