BusinessObjects Board

Suppress field when user runs report

I have a user that would like his report to be able to suppress a comments field during run time.

I could just copy the report and remove the comments section and allow him to just run which ever one he needs as necessary, but I’m curious how I can just have the one report and allow him to choose when to suppress the field.

Is suppressing a field something that can be done by user’s choice prior to executing the report?

Thanks,

ejowens

MyD0j0 :us: (BOB member since 2011-09-15)

couldn’t you simply create a simple ‘yes/no’ prompt that would determine whether or not you show the data/section?

jresendez :mexico: (BOB member since 2004-05-03)

Alright, I’m stuck on how to do that…

I didn’t find many search results that explained how to create a prompt that would hide/show the column or data section. Whether I’m just not searching on the right words or for whatever other reason. Can you provide a link that explains how to do that?

MyD0j0 :us: (BOB member since 2011-09-15)

to do something like that you’d need to create the predefined condition as an object in the universe and add it to your report query. something like ‘YES’ IN @prompt(–prompt parameters here–)

for prompt syntax check this link http://www.businessobjectstips.com/tips/web-intelligence/extended-prompt-syntax/

there is some discussion about this idea here LOV with "ALL" option in XIR2

erik.stenson :us: (BOB member since 2012-07-30)

another idea may be to use some code with the @bouser function in the universe object that would return the data for the section you want to suppress with a case or if statement. note - neither idea would work with OLAP universe

erik.stenson :us: (BOB member since 2012-07-30)