BusinessObjects Board

Support of Azure SQL database for CMS and Audit DB

Hi,

The SAP note 2145537 describes support of SAP BOBJ BI platform in the MS Azure cloud.

What is not clear to me whether the Azure SQL database (PaaS) can be used for CMS and Audit databases.

Is anyone using BOBJ this way in MS Azure?

Thank you.

Marek Chladny :slovakia: (BOB member since 2003-11-27)

The Supported Platforms for BI 4.2sp7 does not list support for MS Azure as a CMS or Audit data source. It looks to me like the note is just saying your databases should be installed in Azure but it doesn’t say it uses an Azure database. I would assume that database type restrictions would still be what is listed in the Supported Platforms Guide.

Weve had a similar question recently, SAPs hard line is just to follow the PAM, but the PAM isn`t explicit on this subject.

Im guessing it would work, most Azure SQL DBs IaaS, PaaS, SaaS are all variations on regular SQL Server, but you`d have no chance if you needed to log a support call with SAP!

ABILtd :uk: (BOB member since 2006-02-08)

Hi,

I went through more SAP notes and PAM documents and have not found a word about the support for this type of configuration.

I’ve opened a new SAP ticket and asked for an official statement. I will share it once I have it.

SAP confirmed that they do not support using the Azure SQL database (PaaS) for a CMS or for an Audit database.

There is an enhancement request: https://influence.sap.com/sap/ino/#/idea/217824/

joepeters :us: (BOB member since 2002-08-29)