BusinessObjects Board

Summary line

I want a summary line in my report based on a group. I dont care if its a “section” or a “break”. I just want the tool to provide row where the results are summaries. My 8 or so measures are all either defined at the universe level or are variables. Is there an easy way to to this WITHOUT having to create the formulas again on the summary? I have just taken the time to get the meta data right (universe) and use variable for %/wegithed averages ect…because then report filters work well.

I cant see an obvious way to do this but surely BO would not want me to have to create yet another layer of formulas just for a simple summary line! Thanks!

twebber (BOB member since 2009-03-23)

A measure will project (locally inside the report) unless it has been set to database delegated via Universe Designer.
In other words, just drag a measure in the table footer, and it should project (meaning: roll up locally inside the report), no new formulas are needed. This has been a basic functionality of measures for years.

See also here about SQL aggregation versus projection: diff between Select SUM (Table. Field) & Select Table. F

See also about input/output context in formuals: Dave’s Adventures in Business Intelligence » Calculation Context Part I: Overview

P.S.: After all WebIntelligence is NOT cumbersome Crystal Reports :twisted: … 1:0 for Webi :+1:

Andreas :de: (BOB member since 2002-06-20)