BusinessObjects Board

Stop report auto refreshing before it crashes....

Hi,

I joined this forum yesterday and have found alot of useful information, great forum.

Is anyone aware of stopping a document from refreshing it self as the document is opening…other than the obvious…

I need to open a document and run through each DP in turn to find out why my report keeps crashing when opening. The report was saved with the “Refresh when opening” option as ticked, therefore every time I open the report it auto refreshes and subsequently crashes.

Is there a sequence of keys you can hold down to prevent it from auto refreshing?

I’m on 6.1b, my error log is attached. I found some information on the forum about this error and it appears that changing they way one DP references the results of another could be the problem. Hence trying to open my report before it does fall over is essential to resolving this issue.

Thanks in advance for you help.
busobj6.txt (15.0 KB)

johnevora :uk: (BOB member since 2006-02-01)

Hi and welcome to B :mrgreen: B

I did not try that in refresh-on-open report but doesn’t the hitting Escape stop the refresh execution?
Just give it a try if that helps.

Marek Chladny :slovakia: (BOB member since 2003-11-27)

I should off mentioned that I did try that…to no availe :hb:

Thanks for your reply.

Hi John,

hitting the refresh button should work… I have faced this problem before…i was able to stop the report before refresh by hitting the Escape button.

But you need to check why this problem is arising… I mean why r u getting this Unhandled exception…go thru this url… this might be very use ful to you rather than hitting at the escape button or looking for some other option to stop the report before refreshing.

https://bobj-board.org/t/15541

smarty07 (BOB member since 2006-01-30)

Thanks for your reply smarty07 :slight_smile:

I did mention that I am aware what the problem may be, it’s just getting access to the file before it crashes. If I can do that, I can then change my DP which is one of the solutions to try for the crashing.