BusinessObjects Board

SQL Query to fetch Document information from the Repository

HI BOB Members

Is there any query which i can run on the on the BO repository to get all the information like report name , tables used in the reports, Columns used in the reports/Object used in the report and most importantly the FILTERS that are being used in the Report.

Please if any one of you can Provide the sql query or the link where the query is actually residing in the forum it will be of great help

I have searched the Forum but unable to find any such query which wil give all the above mentioned information

Thnx in Advance
Aks

Dak (BOB member since 2006-01-17)

Most of that information is not stored separately in the repository tables, but is contained within the document itself. Because documents are stored as BLOBs in the repository, the information is “buried” and not able to be queried directly. Consider this utility as an alternative.

Dwayne Hoffpauir :us: (BOB member since 2002-09-19)

Thnx for telling me about that utility. I have also tried that one but it only gave me the Object level information along with the universe and data provider

But I need to find the tables and the Colums used in a report. Forget about the FIlters now.

Is there any Sql Quey which will give me table level and column level information that are being used in a Report.

Any help will be appreciated

Thnx
AKs

Dak (BOB member since 2006-01-17)

Hi Aks,

Business Objects reports are stored as blobs (Bineary large objects) within ther repository, as such you cannot query the repository tables to descern this information.

However you can write a procedure within SDK to fetch object name and object formula (which should give you table name and column).

jeffH :uk: (BOB member since 2006-03-31)