BusinessObjects Board

Single Dataprovider gets splitted into multiple dataprovider

I am trying to combine to 2 universes (A and B). I want to have the report be dynamic so that I can choose the customer and the report will give me the hours and pay by employee for a particular customer for a particular date. I was not able to bring in the customer name from the "B"universe into the report.Even when i try to drag the cutomer name to the report it is not allowing me to put in it.so I put a filter on the job number and sorted that way.Can you suggest me how to get the customer to come in on a list so the user can specify which customer?

When i tried to bring the customer name from the “A” universe,the data provider related to A is divided into A cube1,A cube2,A cube3(previously I had only A data provider before bringing customer name in to A Data provider)

Can anyone tell me y it is splitting the dataprovider into separate 3 dataproviders when i drag the customer name and also let me know the solution plz

panduswapna (BOB member since 2008-08-01)

You are unable to bring Customer Name from query b into your report, that may be because you are missing a join between customer names. Did you link your data providers in your report?

I am not sure I understand your second situation. But it sounds like you placed the customer name object in the body of the report but not connected to the table. If that is not the issue, please provide additional information or an example.

REB01 :us: (BOB member since 2004-11-29)

You query, against the A universe, is being split due to contexts, speak to your universe designer.

Unsure of what you want to see, but if you wish to display customer name, from universe B, you should make it a detail object, of one of your linking / common dimensions, from universe B.

Mak 1 :uk: (BOB member since 2005-01-06)

First question:
If you want to make a table contains data from different data providers, you should add links for dps. Click here for more information.

Second question:

Does "when i drag the customer name " mean that you add customer name in query panel ? If that, open the SQL viewer to see if the Synchronization appears. If that , click here for more details.

hanspecial :cn: (BOB member since 2009-09-29)