BusinessObjects Board

Setting Default Global Settings for XI users

Hi angels,

I tried this and it worked. Thanks a lot i was desperately looking for this optionā€¦

Regards
dinesh

dinesh2005 :india: (BOB member since 2005-09-12)

Hello Angel,

Thanks for this wonderful piece of information. One information though, you could find this .jar only if you have the Performance Manager installedā€¦correct? We just have Infoview(Webi/Crystal) and need to use this for Groups defined for WebI users. Also, we are on BOXI R1 , does that matter or .jar will only work with BOXI R2.

Thanks in advance,
Sam.

samshaw :us: (BOB member since 2004-12-21)

Could you explain how you ran the .jar file to make the changes?

Thanks

blsutton (BOB member since 2006-03-20)

I am not really sure if this works in R1 becuause we are directly on XI R2. And to run this jar there is text file which gives you the information on the format.

Thanks & Regards
dinesh

dinesh2005 :india: (BOB member since 2005-09-12)

Hi

I am trying to the same thing as suggested in the the previous post, When I try to run
java -jar prefsCopyUtil.jar prefsCopyUtil.Properties

It give an error,

Exception in thread ā€œmainā€ java.lang.NoSuchMethodError
at com.crystaldecisions.enterprise.ocaframework.p.a(Unknown Source)
at com.crystaldecisions.enterprise.ocaframework.p.a(Unknown Source)
at com.crystaldecisions.enterprise.ocaframework.ServiceMgr.getManagedSer
vice(Unknown Source)
at com.crystaldecisions.sdk.occa.security.internal.t.a(Unknown Source)
at com.crystaldecisions.sdk.occa.security.internal.t.userLogon(Unknown S
ource)
at com.crystaldecisions.sdk.occa.security.internal.m.userLogon(Unknown S
ource)
at com.crystaldecisions.sdk.framework.internal.d.logon(Unknown Source)
at com.businessobjects.prefsutil.PrefsCopyUtil.logon(Unknown Source)
at com.businessobjects.prefsutil.PrefsCopyUtil.main(Unknown Source)

any idea?

Thanks
rs90144

rs90144 (BOB member since 2006-04-18)

You need the full path to java then -jar then the full path to the .jar file, then the full path to the properties file

seamusga (BOB member since 2006-04-21)

Make sure you are not running it on the server. Usually, there is only JRE installed on the server and it is not sufficient.

I ran that on my laptop which has JDK installed and it worked like a charm.

substring :us: (BOB member since 2004-01-16)

Thanks Everyone

Iā€™ll give that a tryā€¦

Have a long weekend for the good guys in the state.

rs

rs90144 (BOB member since 2006-04-18)

Is there any solution for users who donā€™t have EPM installed? How to modify preferences (view mode, report panel used) for existing users and how to set the right options when creting a new user through sdk?

jerryf :fr: (BOB member since 2006-02-13)

Thereā€™s a case on the Tech Support website that basically says you can do it by using the SDK. However, it doesnā€™t tell you how. Very helpful :cry:

DJ

DJ06482 :us: (BOB member since 2002-11-22)

So there is a solution if you have EPM. Another poster has asked if there is a way if you donā€™t have that product - I want to add to that request by asking is there a way in the .NET version of BOE XI R1/R2 ?

icytrue (BOB member since 2006-04-10)

I cannot find the prefsCopyUtil.jar in my installation (BOXIR2SP1), because Perf. Management not installed. Does anybody know where to get it or can share a custom written tool?

The APOS Company has a tool for that (Object Manager), but itĀ“s expensive!

botom :austria: (BOB member since 2006-06-19)

So has anybody managed to make script - or found the files which ā€œsets the global infoviewā€ for all users ?

Example.
We have created users in our system.
We have integrated SSO for AD users.
When users log on, their profile is copied into the CMC, which makes them a new user with a standard infoview preferences.

How do we set these preferences ?

Possible ?
(or we have to wait for BOXIR3 ? hmmā€¦)

/ Stig Henning

kilko :norway: (BOB member since 2006-01-27)

We have to set up a particular dashboard as the default home page for a group of users. We use the LDAP authentication. I was trying to set that up by trying to change the prefsCopyUtil.properties file. Iedited the bolded sections of the file.

The changes I made

when I try to run the file from the command line, I see a java error. I tried giving the full path for the java.exe, the prefsCopyUtil .jar and PrefsCopyUtil.properties and it did not help.

I would really appreciate if any one who ran into this kind of error before can help me figure out how to proceed. Thanks in advance.

esther (BOB member since 2004-08-23)

Use the absolute full path to BOTH the JAVA iar.exe AND the PrefsCopy
Util.properties file. If your path contains spaces, use ā€œā€.

a

angelsd1 :us: (BOB member since 2005-10-21)

Hi, Esther!

This problem came up with FP2.2 and was addressed in ADAPT00845510 (not sure in which FP, but SP3 is out now, anyway).

In addition, follow Angelā€™s advice (I gathered you tried this before) ā€¦

Hope this helps.

Cheers,
Kuby

kuby (BOB member since 2007-05-24)

:hb:
Well, so we canā€™t set the preferences for all users by a simple click on a button (as BOv6.x) with the BOXIrx (excepted with EPM installed) ? :nonod: Itā€™s disappointing !.. What can we do ??

ā€¦ :smiley: hey ! What about the ā€œPreferenceā€ link/button into the CMC interface ?? It looks like the solution ?! You can set the default parameters for all the users ?! Donā€™t you think ? Is it insane what I said ?

kenny :fr: (BOB member since 2007-01-02)

Hello

I have SP3 installed, does anybody know if there is a way to set default global Infoview settings for all users without PM installed?

Regards

Henry

allgood_tech :uk: (BOB member since 2006-05-02)

Here is the script for achieving this! make necessary changes wherever neededā€¦

<script language='VBScript'>

Const ceUsername = "Administrator"
Const cePassword = ""
Const ceAPSName = "CMSNAME"
Const ceAuthType = "secEnterprise"

Set ceSessionManager = CreateObject("CrystalEnterprise.SessionMgr")

Set ceSession = ceSessionManager.Logon(ceUserName, cePassword, ceAPSName, ceAuthType)

Set ceInfoStore = ceSession.Service("","InfoStore")

Set sourceUser = ceInfoStore.query("SELECT SI_NAME, SI_DATA FROM CI_SYSTEMOBJECTS WHERE SI_PROGID = 'CrystalEnterprise.User' And SI_Name = 'Administrator'").Item(1)

Set targetUsers = ceInfoStore.query("SELECT SI_NAME, SI_DATA FROM CI_SYSTEMOBJECTS WHERE SI_PROGID = 'CrystalEnterprise.User' And SI_Name != 'Administrator'")

For each user in targetUsers

user.properties.add "SI_Data", sourceUser.properties("SI_Data").properties

Next

ceInfoStore.commit targetUsers

wscript.echo("Script complete")

</Script>

With Regards,
Chandru

Chandru 901 :india: (BOB member since 2007-07-20)

This has been addressed by tech support and actually a script is now in downloads to copy preferences: Changing User Preferences to a Default Home Page in XI R2

Orange :netherlands: (BOB member since 2006-09-18)