BusinessObjects Board

Setting a Default creation/editing tool for all users

Is there a way to set the DEFAULT creation/editing tool to be something other than “Advanced” in BO XI R3.1? For example, I want the default for users to be the light weight “Interactive” mode, and then if they want the Advanced Java mode, they can select it themselves.

It seems that the default on the install is to have “Advanced” for all new users. Is there a way to change that default?

Thanks,
Ben

brotting78 (BOB member since 2008-07-22)

I’m not 100% sure as I’m waiting for our ‘official’ install next week so I can begin mucking with security…

But I THINK you can create a Group… call it “Limited Editing” or whatnot…and give that group the proper permissions. Then when you add a new user, just make sure they are added to that group. If you’re using an out-of-the-box single signon I think it can do that automatically.

JPetlev (BOB member since 2006-11-01)

Thanks for the reply. I believe I can disable the “Advanced” editing so that users can’t even use it. But, that is not exactly what I want to do. I want to still allow it, but just set the initial default value of it to be Interactive.

In the CMC, in the Applications section, under InfoView, there are a few default options that we can set, but I don’t see one for this. Anyone know if that can be done?

Or maybe even some SDK code to update the preferences?

-Ben

This is definitely achievable using the SDK. The following post may be a good place to look for further details:

https://bobj-board.org/t/64028

BoB LoblaW :us: (BOB member since 2007-10-23)

I was able to get this working and I wanted to post the solution. The “DOCUMENT_WICreateTechno” property is what needs to be set in order to update the WebI creation/editing default option.

Here is a sample of the code I used:

IInfoObjects iUsers = iStore.query ("SELECT * FROM CI_SYSTEMOBJECTS WHERE SI_ID=" + cUserID );
IUser iUser = (IUser) iUsers.get(0);
iUser.setProfileString("DOCUMENT_WICreateTechno", "H");
iStore.commit(iUsers);