BusinessObjects Board

Server Migration

Hi All,

We shifting server from on location to another.Are there any possible impacts on Bomain.key or anyother changes that i need to take care.

nik96159 :india: (BOB member since 2008-11-18)

Are you talking about your BO server or your database (repository) server?

well actually both are being shifted …repository and application

Regarding the BO server you need to send the new url to your users… plus take care about your BCA jobs.

Regarding the repository it’s more a DBA issue and thus you don’t need to change the .key file.

the url that users use directs them to actual server. for eg:
users simply type www.nik.com and this link directs them to actual server like web2001.com. This server is getting changed and url is same so i guess there no need to worry about url.

And for BCA jobs should i ask users to re-schedule their jobs or anything else i need to take care?

bTW i am working on BO 6.5.1

any inputs???

There is some info here about moving repositories.

You may need to regenerate bomain.key, if the new database will have a new name.

Are you actually re-installing the software on the new server? If so, there is a lot of configuration that you’ll need to do. The storage folder will need to be copied, web/app server apps will need to be deployed, custom code will need to be copied, BCAs will need to be created, probably more.

As long as you enable the same BCAs as you had before, you shouldn’t need to reschedule the jobs.

Joe

joepeters :us: (BOB member since 2002-08-29)