BusinessObjects Board

Seperating Report: One page per customer

I have created an array of graphs to fit to 1 by 1 page. all based on 1 customer. Now I would like to run the same report for many customers. So> Prompt: In List,enter CX’s separated by semicolon etc. remove fit to 1 page,and have each customer show his own array of graph data on a separate sheet of paper.
Instead, I get all data combined into one set of graphs an the same sheet.

How to page break so many graphs all at once? Any ideas?

Playuser :poland: (BOB member since 2003-09-15)

Make your Customer Name or Customer ID a Master/Detail.
Then format the Master/Detail section to start on a new page.

Andreas :de: (BOB member since 2002-06-20)

:roll_eyes: How do I make a Master Detail for 6 tables and 6 graphs.
Since I have that many on one sheet each relating to one customers data
against a Date axis.

Does it mean I need to do it 12 times?

No.

Each query in your report has to include the Customer. The Customer object should be linked. They will be automatically linked if they are the same object. Otherwise, you just need to link them all.

Then you build 1 master item and all the blocks will fall into place.

Steve Krandel :us: (BOB member since 2002-06-25)

Once you set a Master/Detail, all of the data in between the section divisors will be specific to the Master Section value. You can treat each section as if it was a filter.

You should be able to build your six tables and six charts in between the sections and have it work. You actually cannot apply a section more than once. :smiley:

-RM

digpen :us: (BOB member since 2002-08-15)

By “setting the Master/Detail”, do you mean add “Customer” to each of the 12 blocks in page and then drag the 1st block’s “Customer” cell out of the table? Is this the only way to set “Customer” as Master?

What about all the other blocks. How does one link all of the other 11 “Customer” cells? Do graphs need to be tables 1st to do the same?

What is the best way to link them.

:expressionless:

hi
go analysis–>slice and dice…
and put the customerId or customer_name(Dimension) in section and than apply.Tthis make the master/detail and than go format–>section and clcik “start on new page”(As andreas told).
This may helps you to meet your requirements. :yesnod:
Regards.

hassan :pakistan: (BOB member since 2003-08-01)

Thanks Gents,

For all your help.

G.Flanz
Telecom Engineering
Vancouver
Canada
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

I have a similar situation, with a nice screen of data on one person, employee data, with an employee number. The data is coming from different folders, so it won’t all show in the same block, section, or whatever they are called. I have one page of data for one employee. Now I want to do 2 employees at once, one page each. As I understand the replies below, it really won’t work well until I put the employee number into EACH of the different blocks, and then somehow link them. Just to set the Employee Number as the master won’t do the trick. Is the above correct?

JackMarks :us: (BOB member since 2003-10-23)

:smiley: There is,no doubt a more clever way but here is the way I would try this:
Starting from a blank report sheet build a 2 column table including Emploee number, drag Emp No cell out above to form a section.Go into slice and dice to confirm your master. Then hide the remaining cell of table through table format/hide .And start building your graphs and table inside the section you have just created. Stretch it down to 1/2 page size.
Then right mouse on section Format section ticking avoid page break in block. Provided your blocks stay the same size you should be all right.

Problem solved. It turns out that using the employee name and “format as master” I was able to break on the employee name and format the break to start a new page. I had to move blocks around a little, so the name was right on top, and I had to add a header, with the form name. :smiley: :smiley: It is working terrific, and I did not have to add anything to any of my blocks. Thanks to all.

JackMarks :us: (BOB member since 2003-10-23)

:wink: well done!

:roll_eyes: :roll_eyes: :roll_eyes: :roll_eyes: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :frowning:

Having built a single client prompt report I have decided to do a per page section like this: added a “New Report” created a 2 item table selected client as “Set as Master”, checked in Slice and Dice: yes, it is a Master. Then went back to “Data Provider” chenged condition to “In List” and verified in SQL window that it is “IN” and not “=” O.K.
Then streched out the section by (!) copy/pasting graphs from the 1st report filling the whole page. Now when I try to enter several values with ; in between I get: "Attempt to enter
multiple values into single value query?

Any idea what else would need to be changed?

I have successfully built other multiple item queries with per page section but they were built from scratch, not simply copied from a report without a section.

Could this matter? :expressionless: :expressionless: :slight_smile: :slight_smile:

The error you are seeing indicates you are entering multiple values into a prompt expecting a single value response. Look at your query and change the condition where you have it equal to a prompted value to in list a prompted value if you want to enter multiple values.

Make sure if you are using this prompt in more than one data provider on the report, that all data providers are using in list and not =.

Sandy Smyth :us: (BOB member since 2002-08-19)

Sandy,

This is only a single provider source, and the condition has been changed as you say. The funny thing is when I run it it still seems to expect only one valu in the prompt? I expect it does not loike the copying of the old repport.?

I’ve not had that kind of trouble before – so maybe something else is going on here.

You say you copied the report? Is there any chance that there used to be more than one data provider? If so, did you purge the extra DP(s) before you deleted them? If not, they may still be there, complicating your life.

You could try checking in the BOB’s Downloads forum, and use a utility to copy your data provider to a new report, and see if the problem goes away.

Anita Craig :us: (BOB member since 2002-06-17)

:smiley:

Please could someone advise:

I had a one page per customer (Section) report from one Universe. I have now added a new query from another Universe having built the “linking user object” of the same name and “wording” the prompts exactly the same to ensure one prompt for both.Both have had their conditions adjusted to " In List". It works fine. I have built inside the “old” report section a table off the new Data Provider and attempted to add the new reports client name to Master in Slice and Dice. Both blocks in the page appear between two section devisors, and each section is ticked to start on a new page. but when 2 clients are queried I get more pages than 2 with some containging a mix of blocks from different clients data.

Question:

I have heard you can only do one Master Section per page. If this is true how could I combine 2 identical master cells (from 2 Universes)to create one j o i n t report per page?

:slight_smile:

absolutely, purging did the job!

Thanks,

Gezza

:smiley: :smiley:

I do have a new question, with your permission. pls read on

I’m starting to wonder why BusObj doesn’t automatically purge a data provider when you delete one. Especially since you can’t purge the deleted data provider yourself afterwards, and also since the phantom data seems like it can cause problems with linked data providers thereafter.

Has anyone ever reported this as a bug?

Anita Craig :us: (BOB member since 2002-06-17)