BusinessObjects Board

Send the report From BCA thru User Lotus notes Inbox

Hi World,
I got a demanding requirement from a :reallymad: USER want to get his report in his Lotus Notes Inbox. I mean once he scheduled the report thru BCA after the report refreshed by BCA it has to automatcially send to his lotus notes inbox.

I know that it is possible by VBA MACRO.

I will really appreciate your time and effort to fix my issue.

Thanks
KK :frowning: :confused:

{moderator note: bbcode is not supported in the subject of a post, so those characters were removed … dh}

varavkr :india: (BOB member since 2004-12-03)

Instead of using a VBA macro (not a macro guy so can’t help you there) you could use the email functionality of BCA Publisher, that will allow a report to be refreshed and then emailed in PDF, REP, TXT, HTML or XLS to the user’s inbox…

It does cost quite a bit though…

mart (BOB member since 2004-02-10)

if you have BCA publisher, you can achieve it with standard functionnality. If you have “only” BCA, you have to build a macro to do it. I did it in a last Bo mission with Outlook but I saw in Download section of BOB some sample code you can use with Lotus Notes. You have just to adapt it for your own usage

bernard timbal :fr: (BOB member since 2003-05-26)

Hi,
I also had the same requirement. I have achived this with blat utility.
Had created a macro which will send mails to users to their email accoint after refreshing the document.
You can do search on Blat and VBA macro.

In one of my post I have also added the macro. Hope this will help

Regards
Renu

renu (BOB member since 2003-03-14)

Hi,

From BOB’s downloads :

Michael Abelha :australia: (BOB member since 2002-08-16)

Hi i did try to use the code and its returning an error when trying to log on lotus notes.

Run-time error ‘-2147217504 (80040fa0)’:
Notes error: Wrong Password. (Password are case sensitive be sure to use correct upper and lower case.)

I hard coded my lotus notes password on the macro script but it returns the same error.

Please help.

skipper :us: (BOB member since 2006-08-04)

What’s the code you used?

This code that I see in the site. ( I guess its yours.)
Because I’ve seen some post that it works for them , so I did try it, but unfortunately it didn’t work for me.

Would it matter if there is a lot of userid’s present in
c:\Program Files\Lotus\Notes\Data.
I tried to delete some and just leave my own userid but it didn’t work either or it might be the security that we have.
Do I need an admin password?
I’m completely clueless about this. :hb:

Thanks

skipper :us: (BOB member since 2006-08-04)

I can’t take credit for the code but I have used something similiar.
I’ll assume that you have used the code as it stands.
I suspect the error is happening at the line :

domSession.Initialize ("")    'Prompts user for Lotus Notes Password 

I’ll also assume that you are going to send the emails via your Notes id (ie: your mailbox). You notes.ini file will need to point to the correct id file.

Try running the code on your PC line by line to confirm exactly where the error is happening.