BusinessObjects Board

Seeking Repository Mapping Information

I am on a Change Mgmt project, and am seeking to query the repository to garner information about published universes and reports in our 3 repositories. We are seeking to improve the quality of the reports we publish, but identifying ones with deficiencies, updating them and republishing.

Example: I wanted to know which reports did not have any comments/descriptions entered. I found the comments stored in the OBJ_M_OBJSLICE table by trial and error.

I would like to find out things like:
which reports are set to refresh when open
which reports use prompts
which reports use LOVs
etc.

Rather than submitting a post for every question I have, is there any documentation that describes the data being stored in the repository tables? And what values translate too.

Thanks Bob

Bob Aldrich (BOB member since 2004-03-23)

you have to use meta-univers (univers letting people querrying the bo repository database) to do that. Bo provides his own one named managero.unv but you can developp more sophisticated one. Such univers let you able reply to your questions. Sur there are a lot of posts on bob about this subject. try with keywords managero or meta univers for example

bernard timbal :fr: (BOB member since 2003-05-26)

I found a zip file, RepositoryDoco.zip, that had information on all of the tables in the repository. Don’t remember where I found it (I assume the BusinessObjects tech support site), but it has been a great help on what information is in the repository.

The bad news is that there isn’t a lot of information in the repository about reports. What I have done when I was concerned about Change Management in the past was writing some VBA code that crawled through the reports and upload the information I wanted to some custom Oracle tables. I think you are going to have to do the same.

Dennis W. Disney :us: (BOB member since 2003-09-17)

… or look here for some posted documentation and a universe from BusinessObjects. There are some other items in that forum that may prove useful or interesting as well. 8)

Dave Rathbun :us: (BOB member since 2002-06-06)