BusinessObjects Board

Security Table

Has anyone created /designed a security table. I just wanted to get an idea about how to go about it. ??

lucy.online :us: (BOB member since 2012-04-03)

Come on Lucy, did you at least try a search?

I’ve found:

And my recommendation (Oracle VPD e.g.) Object Level Security

Andreas :de: (BOB member since 2002-06-20)

What i want is to Limit the customers to see the data pertaining to their own portfolio…

[quote:5ed98152b7=“lucy.online”]What i want is to Limit the customers to see the data pertaining to their own portfolio…
[/quote]

Did you read through the links?
:?

Mak 1 :uk: (BOB member since 2005-01-06)

im doing it now…

cool :slight_smile:

Marek Chladny :slovakia: (BOB member since 2003-11-27)

Say the reports are based on Location. By this I mean NY guy should see data for NY and CA guy should see the data for CA only.

Below is one way of designing the row level security.

Create a security table in the database which contains Locations and UserID’s. How to populate this security table is another story.

Once you have Users and their location, create a global filter in the Universe with the below logic;

There must be another location in your schema which can be used to filter the locations for the report…

Schema.Location =
(SELECT
SECURITY.LOCATION
FROM
SECURITY.TABLE
WHERE
SECURITY.LOCATION=@VARIABLE(‘BOUSER’)

This filter will be enforced for all the queries hitting this Universe with a filter on Location…

when the query comes to this filter , it will execute the sub-query of this location filter first and pass the location of the User to the filter.

Getting my point?

AFAF :india: (BOB member since 2012-07-13)