BusinessObjects Board

Security Repository Universe

Thanks for your reply Cindy.
Lets say for a user some universes are disabled at the user level and in supervisor it shows like:

Unv Name Domain Inherited From

abc UnvTest EDW
xyz UnvTest IDEA

These universes are enabled at the folder/group levels they are inherited from, but disabled at the user level.
Using the security repository universe, when I run a report on who has access to which universe, I get the previlages set for a universe at the (inherited) folder level instead of the user level. So for these two universes I get a ‘1’ eventhough the user doesnt have access to the universe.

I hope this made sense. Please advise me if I am doing something wrong or have to make some modifications to the views/universe.

thanks

kashif

Kashif Saeed :pakistan: (BOB member since 2004-06-02)

It does make sense but I’m not going to be any help at all. I never played around with the universe permissions, only module permissions. Sorry. :cry:

Cindy Clayton :us: (BOB member since 2002-06-11)

Not a problem Cindy :slight_smile:
I’ll play with it and if I come up with some modifications that will do it, i’ll post the SQL Server version on BOB Downloads :wink:

thanks

kashif

Kashif Saeed :pakistan: (BOB member since 2004-06-02)

That’d be grand! :mrgreen:

Cindy Clayton :us: (BOB member since 2002-06-11)

I think this may be slightly off the point of this Universe, but could someone point me towards a Universe that I could use to report on User Logins, Last Time Logged in, etc?

I think this is maybe what Auditor is for but don’t think my Company will be prepared to buy that.

If i’m barking up the wrong tree or there is nothing that can do this then please let me know.

Thanks very much,
Neil

Neil Phillips :uk: (BOB member since 2002-08-22)

Hi Neil,

You’re right you can find these informations using auditor. Only note that it’s only for e-BI activity i mean threw Webi.

Regards

Is Auditor my only option then? It’s expensive isn’t it (as per any BO product)?
I look at the website and get some details.
Thanks

You can developp easily your own solution upon tables of the sec domain (OBJ_A*). A lot of companie made this :wink:

Regards

We don’t have any of those tables in our repository at the moment, only OBJ_M*

Those tables come only with Auditor I think (OBJ_A*)

Am I correct in thinking this?

Hi,

These tables will be created under your sec domain only if you activate user trace activity under webi admin console.

Regards

Ah OK, thanks very much. I’ll find a DIY solution to the whole thing :wink:

Yep, if you activate user trace, it will create the audit tables.
The Auditor product has some nice canned reports that run against these tables, but nothing you couldn’t develop yourself.

Start with this universe/reports

Chris Pohl :us: (BOB member since 2002-06-18)

hello world…

Hi guys,m a starter in BO and would like to know how to view the posted document in BO designer.when i downloaded the V6_Repository_Security_Universe_for_Oracle.zip folder,i was not able to open in my desiner,it said i am not allowed to open it.It says the error FRM0008 .And when i lookup in error guide,it says supervisor hasnt allowed me to see that…y would it say that when i found the document in this forum…i mean…i donno…i am woring on my system,and hav a 5.1 BO version…so do i hav to enable somthin…i am the owner or supervisor here right?..guys do enlighten me it…also somother docs also availiable in this site were not opening…

cary_23 (BOB member since 2006-02-15)

If you don’t have any sort of repository, then you may not be able to open the documents. Even if they have been “saved for all users”. That behavior changed somewhere along the way.

When you start Designer, do you log in? If not, then you don’t have a repository, and you may have trouble opening some of the posted documents.

Dave Rathbun :us: (BOB member since 2002-06-06)

If you do have a repository, easiest way is to open the universe/reports while logged on as a GENERAL SUPERVISOR (even in a test repository). He usually can open anything. Then do a “Save As (Check the “For All Users” box)” to strip any security enabled on the universe/report.

Chris Pohl :us: (BOB member since 2002-06-18)

Hi,

Has anybody managed to adapt the Security Repository Universe to show Application Foundation application rights?

I’d be exceptionally grateful if anybody could offer me assistance as I need to extract the information to design a new XIR2 security model ahead of migration.

Thanks.

numpty (BOB member since 2007-10-04)

Hi and welcome to BOB

It’s two different model. No link between them.

Have a look on different posts on BOB o find out all the best practises :wink:

Regards
Sebastien

Hi Kashif,
I was going through your post for User-Universe access details and I’m facinf the same problem as you have mentioned …what if the Access is revoked at User level and available on Group level…

Was wondering if you have figured out any way to tackle it? Any suggestions, help will be more than welcome.

varun.singh (BOB member since 2008-03-17)

Please excuse my ignorance.
I had not checked the zip for other files besides the universe.
And now i see that these tables are actually views created by the sctipts included in the zip.

Gr,
Arash

arashz :netherlands: (BOB member since 2006-06-08)

These tables are not the BO standard tables.

BR
Sebastien