BusinessObjects Board

Security Issue

Hi all,
we are making reports (using BO 6.5) with some parameters like Branch Code, so I need to assign to each user/group one branch which can be accessed by him. So is it available to be done to restrict the users to the row lever?!!?
Thanks in advance

Mahmoud :egypt: (BOB member since 2005-03-22)

There is a concept called Row Level Security in BO. This is done in the Supervisor module. You might want to check it out…

If you are restricted from making changes in supervisor, you could add your security table into Designer and join tables appropiately to apply your security. You could look in @Variable(‘BOUSER’)

Prateek Shah :india: (BOB member since 2005-07-24)

Moved from Designer to Supervisor.

Here’s the entry from our Designer/Supervisor FAQs on how to implement row-level security.

FAQs are in a “sticky” at the top of each forum – and are a good place to look before you do a Search. Only after you do those things (and read the manual, ask coworkers, etc.) – only then, should you post a question. :wink:

Anita Craig :us: (BOB member since 2002-06-17)

Pratik you are right…

I prefer using a security Xref table with a join to actual table where row level security is required.

It give you more control to change the data in database table than going in supervisor and restricting rows eachtime you have changes.

BOBurao (BOB member since 2005-09-20)

Using Designer to Implement Row-Level Security has more information.

Steve Krandel :us: (BOB member since 2002-06-25)

Thanks, Steve – I’ve added that to the FAQ entry! :wink:

Anita Craig :us: (BOB member since 2002-06-17)