BusinessObjects Board

Search & Copy Features

Hello All,

Will BO include Data Find/Search & Copy features in the future release?
Any Idea?

Thanks
Ravi.

Ravi_Pazhani (BOB member since 2002-08-20)

Ravi,

I haven’t heard any mention of features like that for future releases. Sounds like a great idea, though. You might want to post that to our Wish List.

MichaelWelter :vatican_city: (BOB member since 2002-08-08)

I thought that they showed that as part of the pre-release demo at the conference… :?

Dave

Dave Rathbun :us: (BOB member since 2002-06-06)

Yes. This would be a nice future in FC. The users don’t want to export the data to Excel and search for a specific data. I have worked on a little bit on Cognos Impromptu :oops: and they do provide search/copy/paste features. It would be nice if we do have those features. This would also be very helpful for the daily transactional system…isn’t it? :yesnod:

Thanks
Ravi.

Can you use filters as a ‘cheap and nasty’ search facility? Obviously this pre-supposes the fact that you know which object to look in… :yesnod:

Nick Daniels :uk: (BOB member since 2002-08-15)

Certainly, the filters global/table/column/Report are good features, but, when you have more than 10K lovs and records in the report then you need to scroll up and down to look at that data you looking for… :roll_eyes:

Thanks
Ravi

Agreed, but you know how you can tailer LOVs so that instead of just showing, I don’t know, Street, you can get them to show State/County/City/Street. Wonder if that has any mileage for you…

Yeah 10K is a bit much tho!

Nick Daniels :uk: (BOB member since 2002-08-15)