BusinessObjects Board

search broken?

hi …

seems to me that the search is either broken or i’m not using it correctly.

examples:

• search for “difference” returns results, whereas “difference XI” or “difference AND XI” return none … and there are threads matching both criteria

what am i doing wrong?
i read that you can’t search for common words, so does this mean that I can’t use XI in a search query?

tx

Re-Offender :austria: (BOB member since 2005-03-15)

Please read the “Sticky” topic regarding the search feature, specifically this part

Simply limit your search to the XI forum if you want information about that version of the product.

Dave Rathbun :us: (BOB member since 2002-06-06)

Hi,

Whenever I do a search for say for example “sum” in Reporter Forum, it shows tons of results and shows me the first 25 but when I click on next it says “No topics or posts met your search criteria”. I am sure there are more topics in the archives but why doesn’t it let me see the next 25 or more results??? As a matter of fact I did hear from my friends who recommended me this forum that when they have more than 25 or 50 items in “My BOB > Favorites or Watch Topics” the next 25 or 50 or more gives a similar error message.

Is there I am doing something wrong? Is there a way I can fix that?

Thanks.

BOBeeJ (BOB member since 2005-07-08)

I just tried a search using keywords topics posts met search criteria and found this other topic in this forum which may tell you what’s going wrong at your end.

Anita Craig :us: (BOB member since 2002-06-17)