BusinessObjects Board

SDK newbie: change usernames?

I’m pretty new to the SDK/API game. I would like to change all the usernames in our system. We’re moving to a new username schema so that the username equals the e-mail address.

I’ve been looking through the documentation and can’t seem to find a way to change the username. I can change passwords and things like that but not the username.

Anyone know which function this is?

Thanks!

sohmc :us: (BOB member since 2008-06-25)

Click this link at which point you’ll find a set of several samples that will assist you in this task - one of which is a working code sample explicitly called “Java_Enterprise_BE12_Change_User_Name”.

Good luck

Atul Chowdhury (BOB member since 2003-07-07)

Thanks for the link. However, I’m trying to do this in .NET. I’m taking a look at the VBA macro version.

Hopefully I’ll make some headway

I might have a look at the .NET Enterprise SDK Samples instead then.

The manipulations regarding this portion of the API are virtually identical between .NET and Java so with a little tweaking of the sample you should be well on your way. It will probably fit into your overall architecture a bit better too.

Atul Chowdhury (BOB member since 2003-07-07)

Yeah, I looked at the .NET SDK examples and only saw ADDING and DELETING users. Nothing on modifying.

I browsing through the JSP code right now and seeing where it actually makes the change and hoping to find it’s equivalent function in .NET. However, like I said in the original post, I couldn’t find anything in the documentation.

In the Java SDK the IUser interface inherits from IInfoObject which has a setTitle method. I would think the .NET SDK has similar functionality.

jwhite9 :us: (BOB member since 2006-07-28)