BusinessObjects Board

scheduling with security features

Hi
How can we schedule reports through BCA which also needs to keep security settings.

I have a report which shows terminal details. I need to send this to users who can see their own terminal. I have one table with user id and their terminal.
I want to schedule this report through BCA…so i cannot use rowlevel security using @variable(‘BOUSER’).

I need a where clause something like this…which can be applied at user/group level

Where terminal in ( select terminal from user_terminal where user_id = ( user_id )in supervisor)

Is there anyway we can get userid of each user in supervisor.

Thanks

reddyyvs (BOB member since 2004-08-24)

Again,

My situation

1. i have users in the BO Repository
  2. i have table

USER_TERMINAL

USER ID       TERMINAL_ID

123            100
        124            120
        125            130
  1. I have a report which displays terminal details

2. i need to send this report to users, but each user can only see their terminal details

3. With users able to refresh, i can achieve this using BOUSER variable

But i am trying to schedule through BCA to their Inbox and can use Refresh with each user’s profile option…

I am thinking there will be some way to get userid for each user, so that i can use that rows restriction setting

Please help me if there is any way

Thanks

Use “Refresh with the profile of each recipient” on the Action tab.

Joe

joepeters :us: (BOB member since 2002-08-29)

I wish i could do that…

But i can i know the user without they log in to Business Objects…

Its not something i can hardcode …

Thanks

Hi reddyyvs,

Not sure I know what your problem is. If you use “Refresh with the profile of each recipient”, the value of @variable(‘BOUSER’) should change for each report recipient.

Joe

@variable(‘BOUSER’) gives you the value only when the user logs into Business Objects right…

So how can we schedule the report through BCA and send to all the users…(without they logging into BO)

You will either need BCA Publisher, which can email PDF’s or some other format to your users, or you will need to write some VBA code.

MichaelWelter :vatican_city: (BOB member since 2002-08-08)

No; it will have the User ID of each individual user that the report is distributed to. But you have to use “Refresh with the profile of each recipient”.

Joe

If you don’t mind, can you guide me the steps i need to take for installing VB code…Where can i get that code…

I am completely unaware of VB stuff

So so far i thought that @variable(‘BOUSER’) gives you value only after logged in…
That good to know that we can schedule reports through BCA using @variable(‘BOUSER’)

Thanks

Check here for some VBA code that will get you started.

MichaelWelter :vatican_city: (BOB member since 2002-08-08)