BusinessObjects Board

Scheduling webi report , different users, different prompts

Dear Experts,

We have a scenario in which we need to schedule a Webi Report for 170 user groups. The values for prompts varies for all users. We are ending up with creating 170 copies of report.

How can this be achieved with only 1 report.

Thanks,
Ravi

Ravi Rawat (BOB member since 2013-08-19)

You have several options.

[list][:4bade26ee0]The easiest way (scheduling-wise), is to create a table in the datamart that contains each user’s BO user name and the value of the prompt. Then join this table in using a filter on @variable(“BOuSER”). This is row-level security. You can then schedule the report using the “Schedule on behalf of” function for the entire group – each report will run once for each user, and apply the appropriate condition
[
:4bade26ee0]Set up a Publication, using a separate report that contains each user and the appropriate prompt value as the source for the values
[*:4bade26ee0]Define the values in Profiles, and set up a publication based on that profile.[/list]

Joe

joepeters :us: (BOB member since 2002-08-29)

Thanks Joe…

I am new for WEBI… Can you give me some detailed steps.
Is there any document which can help me.

Fir the first option, you can search here on BOB for “row level security bouser”. Here’s one I found – check Andreas’ post for useful links.

The second and third options both use Publications. You can read about them here.

Joe

Thanks Joe for your inputs.This really helps. Is there any way to have output saved as file name which includes prompt name too.

For example: Country = USA, then output should be like “Sales in region USA”

There’s a trick.

If you use Dynamic Recipients, the value of “Recipient Identifier” can be placed in a filename with the “%SI_OWNER%” placeholder.

Joe

Thanks Joe.
All your answers really helped me. After scheduling this reports via email it worked.

There is only 1 issue which I get when I try to schedule this report on shared folder which is on windows system. Below is the error:

destination directory error. [cannot rexec cp]: [CrystalEnterprise.DiskUnmanaged]

I have asked unix team to start rexecd. They have already started but still it shows the same error.

1. Can you provide me the next steps to be followed ?
  2. Is there any other alternative?

Thanks in advance,
Ravi

Sorry, I can’t be of much help there.

Not a problem Joe. Whatever you suggested it benefited me.

But I am very sorry for troubling you again.
I also saw your suggestions in below link for which we also have requirement:

Instead of [Fund #] we have different object called “Group Name Key”. It works for single value. But is Group name key has multiple values it throws below error:

2013-08-31 10:58:17,125 ERROR [pool-4-thread-15] BusinessObjects_PublicationAdminErrorLog_Instance_941404 - [Publication ID # 941404] - An exception was caught while doing dyanmic recipient resolution. (FBE60304) 2013-08-31 10:58:17,128 ERROR [pool-4-thread-15] BusinessObjects_PublicationAdminErrorLog_Instance_941404 - [Publication ID # 941404] - An exception was caught while scheduling the publication. (FBE60203) [0 recipients processed.]

It would be really a great help if you can resolve our problem.

Thanks,
Ravi

That’s a generic error – it could be one of a number of different causes. If you search here for FBE60304, you’ll find some suggestions. The one that worked for me was to make sure that the report containing the recipients was set to refresh on open.

Joe

Looks to me that you have not set Unix to be able to write to a windows drive. You need to mount the drive using a Unix app called Samba as far as I’m aware.

Mak 1 :uk: (BOB member since 2005-01-06)