BusinessObjects Board

Scheduling reports into Excel through Broadcast Agent in 5.1

Hi,
Could you please help me in providing me information regarding
====> Scheduling reports into Excel through Broadcast agent in 5.1
Right now we are using 5.1 version of Business Objects. We need to automate some BO reports into Excel. Please give me some inputs how to generate output in Excel in BO 5.1

Thanks in Advance!
Regards,
Vardhan.

vardhan (BOB member since 2007-08-21)

Not sure if the save as Excel option is available in actions tab of Send Document to Broadcast agent in version 5.x
But it is definitely there in 6.x
Check for this and you can use it to export data to XLS while scheduling.

haider :es: (BOB member since 2005-07-18)

Thanks for the prompt reply.
we don’t have the option of Scheduling reports into Excel through Broadcast Agent in 5.1.
Is this possible Scheduling reports into Excel through Broadcast Agent in 5.1 using some SDK? If so Please let me know how it is possible?
we are using 5.1.8 version.

Excel was not a supported export format in 5i.

However, if you open an Excel instance you can copy the contents of a report and paste it in Excel using the Windows clipboard. This is how I did it back when we were running 5i.

Do searches on BOB for suggestions.

dirmiger :us: (BOB member since 2002-08-28)

our client is using old 5.1 version of BO. We have a requirement to Automate reports into Excel. So no manual process is handled.
I heard that using SDK’s we can generate the output of the report in Excel automatically. Please let me know if anybody has got any idea.
Thanks in Advance!

Best Regards,
Vardhan.

There is a Utility in BOB downloads which does a conversion of BO report (5.x in your case) to different formats like XLS, PDF, TXT.

haider :es: (BOB member since 2005-07-18)

Hi Haider,
Thanks for the information.
Let me check with the data get back …
Thanks…
Vardhan…
BECP XI R2