BusinessObjects Board

SAP Not Investing in Multisource Universe?

I just saw in a post on the SAP Influence site that SAP does not intend to continue to invest in MSU.
https://influence.sap.com/sap/ino/#/idea/258423/?section=sectionDetails

My company dropped our ASUG membership when they increased the membership price this last year so I don’t have any inside information from there.

Has anyone heard anything else on this? I’m wondering if there will be some other way this functionality will be offered.

This is correct. The Multisource enabled universe is very limited in its use and it has not changed or been developed further since its original release in BI 4.0.

What an amazing waste of money and loss of custom that has proved to be for SAP.

It performed absolutely horribly though. Even if you were just reporting against a single source, if you had the universe configured for multi-souce. We tried to use it with our Audit database reporting because we wanted to be able to join that data with data from the Metadata Management tool but the report just would not run. They run much better after switching to a single source universe.

I remember when it was first talked about and we predicted that the six months after it launched we’d be knee deep in queries on BOB of “why is my query slow on a unx” type questions.

1 Like