BusinessObjects Board

SAP idea:Vote by clicking on Hearts icon (top right corner)

I submitted an improvement/enhancement request in SAP ideas https://influence.sap.com/sap/ino/#/idea/200914. Request to review and vote. Vote by clicking on Hearts icon (top right corner) after you click the idea link. For SAP to act upon it, it needs at least 10 votes for different companies. SAP informed me that this is a known issue and I am surprised they have not created an automated solution to help their clients.

Below is the gist of the request for SAP ideas:

The ability to automatically and globally change the info on all BOE Crystal reports for a particular ODBC connection if there is a change in the server name or other changes. The info that is currently in the BOE DB configuration (at the report level) info, as well as RAS (report level) info when a change to the server name in ODBC.

When we migrate our Database server (source of data) which is accessed by hundreds of BOE Crystal reports we have to manually open up each report to point to the new DB server name. We change the name in the ODBC connection but that is not reflected in the reports (both the CMC database configuration as well as in Crystal reports -> Database-> Set Database Location-> Properties-> Catalog).

The ability to replace all the server name occurrences (from old server name to the new server name) as well as any other info in an automated fashion would take away the tedious manual labor that takes hours to individually open each report and save.

If an automated solution is provided by SAP to change those info in CMC and RAS it will help all the clients save a lot of hours and will help them migrate easily from one DB server to another.

mvaradar (BOB member since 2007-05-17)

Welcome to B:bob:B!
We have a dedicated thread for ideas…consider using this next time. Good luck 8)

Nick Daniels :uk: (BOB member since 2002-08-15)

mvaradar (BOB member since 2007-05-17)