BusinessObjects Board

SAP Business Objects Dashboards Windows 10/Office 2016

Anyone had any issues installing SAP Business Objects Dashboards 4.1 on Windows 10 with Office 2016?

I have it running with Windows 10/Office 2010 with no problems. Trying to install on a new laptop with 32-bit Excel 2016 (so I can send mine for an upgrade for Windows/Office), but the install fails saying it can’t find Microsoft Office Excel 2007 (or higher) 32-bit Last time I checked, 16 was higher than 10 !!

Or is it that SAP Business Objects Dashboards is just not going to play with Office 2016 at all? I can’t find any relevant links to a PAM online.

I know this is old stuff, but if I can’t get SAP Business Objects Dashboards talking to Excel 2016, I have bigger problems than I thought!

Debbie

Debbie :uk: (BOB member since 2005-03-01)

Oh wait. Found an old post here: Xcelsius Installation Failed Somewhat embarrassingly, I even commented on it … :oops:

Looks like I’m stuffed, then. All the more reason to move over to Power BI.

Out of interest, is anybody else using 4.1 SP7 with Office 2016? It’d be useful to know if we have to upgrade to 4.2 to do an Office 2016 rollout -= or whether it’s merely advisable!

Debbie

Of course once we get to BI 4.3, Dashboards (Xcelsuis) goes away.

kevlray :us: (BOB member since 2010-06-23)

Ah, we’ll be well into Microsoft by then …

If anybody is interested, I managed to get Excel 2010 running alongside Office 2016. Then Dashboard Design installed correctly, plus the patch I needed to handle XML correctly. The only minor annoyance is that the pop-up Excel grid within the dashboard seems to be the 2016 version with the ribbons which take up a huge amount of screen space.

But it’s working. It will do for now!

Debbie

and since SAP Dashboards is going away due to Adobe Flash going away, what will you use or steer users towards? Will it be Tableau, Power BI, or will you take the leap to SAP Analytics Cloud?

pcgeekus :us: (BOB member since 2003-10-16)